Westburg trade value

Es4M11

I've liked Westburg since seeing him here at Delmarva...do it's an obvious "no" from me for trading him right now. There's still quite a bit more in his bat that is coming.

Jackson Holliday will either be in Baltimore out of Spring training, or a late season call up. Elias is way too smart to throw away a chance for a ROY draft pick 

1 hour ago, Yossarian said:

Management does like that left handed bat at second base.  The O's have done very well with their flexibility in matching batters to pitchers with in- game substitutions.  I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they keep Frazier next year. 

There are 8 million reasons why Frazier will not be an Oriole next season.

I know this is about Westburg trade value but I would trade Holliday/Santander for Corbin Carroll. 

Gunnar-SS

Westburg-2B

Mayo/Urias-3B

Mounty/Ohearn-1B

Ortiz-UTIL

LF-Hays

CF-Ced

RF-Carroll

Kjerstad fills in where needed. 

Adley/McCann-C

That dog will hunt. 

14 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

I know this is about Westburg trade value but I would trade Holliday/Santander for Corbin Carroll. 

Gunnar-SS

Westburg-2B

Mayo/Urias-3B

Mounty/Ohearn-1B

Ortiz-UTIL

LF-Hays

CF-Ced

RF-Carroll

Adley/McCann-C

That dog will hunt. 

If you hold your breathe until this trade happens you will pass out.

Just now, oriole said:

I hope they keep him. I think the players to trade are the ones in arbitration right now that have a player right behind them. Santander, Mullins, Hays…one of these guys should be traded plus Mateo should be DFA or traded if anyone wants him. Keep Urias for one more year until Holliday is ready and then move him as well. Money saved from trading a couple arb-eligible pieces should make up for the increase in arb-eligible salaries of whoever is retained and then hopefully an actually good SP can be signed with whatever is left over. 

All of that to say, Westburg is cheap, controlled for a while, proven to be able to handle the majors…exactly the type of player I hope they keep. There’s other moves that can be made to improve the club. 

Agree with this.  Westburg seems to be exactly the kind of versatile guy they target in waiver acquisitions and trades...  like Mateo and Urias.  Why would they trade a guy who we control for longer than any of those players and, other than speed like Mateo, has very similar skills AND might become a better hitter?  I think that it would stand to reason that we would stick more with a guy we selected as a first rounder than to trade him off just to resign guys who have essentially the same role for more pay.

But I disagree about DFA'ing Mateo.  I think they value Mateo over Urias just because of his speed.  I prefer Urias, anyway, but Mateo has some trade value because other teams probably value his speed and versatility as we do.

Edited by drjohnnyfever1

2 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

Gunnar-SS

Westburg-2B

Mayo/Urias-3B

Mounty/Ohearn-1B

Ortiz-UTIL

LF-Hays

CF-Ced

RF-Carroll

Adley/McCann-C

That dog will hunt. 

There's no chance AZ would do that trade

8 hours ago, waroriole said:

Only one of those plays 1B and he’s having an outlier season. 

I think Santander is dealt this offseason. O’Hearn isn’t going anywhere. This could be sell high on Mountcastle time as well. 

We have to trade some surplus…..If the plan is to be thrifty and deal early this is the most likely.

6 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

What if Westburg could be Hays replacement in the OF?

I think if they felt Westburg could play in the OF, they would have by now.

But if they feel this way, maybe he could play a super UTI role and get enough at bats..my question would be, is that role more valuable than what he brings back in trade?