First Playoff Game Experience

Spy Fox

I was surprised I didn’t have to stand more..although I’m ok with that, especially for my kids.

The lack of vendors in the UD was extremely noticeable. Seems like they really costed themselves some money by doing that.

Playoff baseball at OPACY is the best.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I was surprised I didn’t have to stand more..although I’m ok with that, especially for my kids.

The lack of vendors in the UD was extremely noticeable. Seems like they really costed themselves some money by doing that.

Playoff baseball at OPACY is the best.

The vendors thing is interesting. I didn’t notice it in-game but you’re right there was an overabundance of vendors in the concourse area and almost none out in the upper deck seating bowl. I wonder why.

The section I was in was alternating between standing quite a bit, at least standing some of every half-inning I think. Some sections were standing more, some less. There’s definitely a chain reaction based on the mood of the first few rows. 

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

BTW, Joan Jett was awful. I think that was one of the worst National Anthems I have ever heard.

I was so frustrated with FOX. I know typically we don’t see all the pregame stuff but with the delay I didn’t get why they wouldn’t show all of that. Don’t need anymore studio stuff.  

52 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I was so frustrated with FOX. I know typically we don’t see all the pregame stuff but with the delay I didn’t get why they wouldn’t show all of that. Don’t need anymore studio stuff.  

The player announcements were fine..nothing spectacular.

Jones threw out the first pitch but the PA announcer was going on and on about his accolades and he threw it way before she was done. She just kept going. It was awkward.

The anthem is worthy of missing just in terms of pure entertainment and quality of the anthem. I mean, her voice is terrible and it just wasn’t good.

Echoing what the OP said --- the crowd was terrific.  I think these were a lot of the Birdland members, because the plastic bag for carrying in food that the O's gave to the members was ubiquitous.  I'll give the Orioles credit at least for the upper deck concessions.  The lines moved a lot better than feared, AND they opened three more concession stands, one of which sold Boog's (behind section 372).  

I hope those attending today's game will be just as loud, and more importantly, enjoy the experience, win or lose.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The player announcements were fine..nothing spectacular.

Jones threw out the first pitch but the PA announcer was going on and on about his accolades and he threw it way before she was done. She just kept going. It was awkward.

The anthem is worthy of missing just in terms of pure entertainment and quality of the anthem. I mean, her voice is terrible and it just wasn’t good.

-The sound system is still in appallingly bad condition. From Section 340 you could barely hear what players were being announced. I couldn't tell you anything that was said about Adam Jones, but he did hype up the crowd big time. They did not announce the inactives like they did in 2014, so no chance to cheer for John Means or Felix Bautista.

-Joan Jett should have played the anthem on guitar like Jimi Hendrix at Woodstock. A cappella singing is not really what the Joan Jett experience is about.