Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

17 hours ago, Too Tall said:

I don't follow this thread anymore because I think it's informative. I follow it because I think it is just plain funny and wonder how long it can go on rehashing the same over and over. Someone said 300 pages? Elias, please do something - anything to change the narrative.  Personally, I don't want Cease - particularly now cause I'm sick of the name. 😀 

This is the Adam Frazier post for this offseason! :D

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m Ceased out, and like I did on the Soxtalk board, I’m going to refrain from any further comment in this thread unless there’s a very concrete rumor of a specific pending trade, or we hear about an actual deal.   I don’t think there’s any relevant point or proposed trade combination that hasn’t been discussed ad nauseum.  

My evil half says “Did we need an announcement?”   😇

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

He would have to improve considerably from last year. To me he didn’t look comfortable out there and I really didn’t appear to have the speed imo. 

He was tentative at the plate and in the field.  I chalk it up to lack of confidence/comfort in his first taste of MLB.   That SHOULD go away with experience.  He looked capable in AAA.

• Upvote 1

How clueless are some of these guys on the WS board?

edited)

Cease Robert Kopech Santos for ... Mullins (flipped eventually) Mayo Basallo Kjerstad Westburg and two best O's minor league pitchers.

Orioles become immediate World Series favorites.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

How clueless are some of these guys on the WS board?

edited)

Cease Robert Kopech Santos for ... Mullins (flipped eventually) Mayo Basallo Kjerstad Westburg and two best O's minor league pitchers.

Orioles become immediate World Series favorites.

LOL

18 hours ago, Too Tall said:

I don't follow this thread anymore because I think it's informative. I follow it because I think it is just plain funny and wonder how long it can go on rehashing the same over and over. 😀 

Exactly. It is interesting now only for meta-thread commenting on the nature of the thread itself and the board as a whole. What does it say about us that we are able to generate 200 pages of material on a trade idea (albeit a good one) that is unlikely to happen?

58 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

My evil half says “Did we need an announcement?”   😇

It's the de facto offseason thread.  We didn't even make a rule 5 selection this year.  We claimed Tucker Davidson.  Traded for Hensley from KC.  Didn't lose anyone in the Rule 5.  Signed Kimbrel.  What else is there to talk about?  The only players we've been even remotely linked to have been Kimbrel, Cease, Brasier, and Uwasawa.  

• Upvote 1

Fangraphs projects Seattle to have one of the worst corner outfields in baseball. It seems like their biggest need. They're going to be in the mix for a wild card spot. They've got one outfield prospect in their organization's Top 7 prospects and he's a 20 year old in A ball.

Can we get some Woo or Miller hypotheticals? Seems like a team that would value a Kjerstad or Cowser tremendously. Even Hays would be an immediate upgrade.

11 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Exactly. It is interesting now only for meta-thread commenting on the nature of the thread itself and the board as a whole. What does it say about us that we are able to generate 200 pages of material on a trade idea (albeit a good one) that is unlikely to happen?

We've got four posters with over 200 posts on the topic.

I think it says we have a small group with nothing better to do.

I'm not being critical, most threads I'd be one of the four.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We've got four posters with over 200 posts on the topic.

I think it says we have a small group with nothing better to do.

I'm not being critical, most threads I'd be one of the four.

No offense taken.  I was afraid I was #1 but not even close.  Lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Fangraphs projects Seattle to have one of the worst corner outfields in baseball. It seems like their biggest need. They're going to be in the mix for a wild card spot. They've got one outfield prospect in their organization's Top 7 prospects and he's a 20 year old in A ball.

Can we get some Woo or Miller hypotheticals? Seems like a team that would value a Kjerstad or Cowser tremendously. Even Hays would be an immediate upgrade.

Heard Dipoto last week on MlB radio…sounds like they are done with trading pitching. They traded the expensive arms and are keeping the young, cheap guys.

• Upvote 2