Orioles Claim Livan Soto From Angels

oriolediehard

Young, two options, decent year in 2022 at AA at age 22. If you pretend 2023 didn’t happen he might be interesting, but unfortunately he was not very good in AAA. 

Elias may not have thought much beyond “open 40 man spot and lefty hitting IF on waivers? Claim him.”

• Upvote 1

Looks like another AAAA infielder with a little upside to compete with Maton for that Elias coveted left-hander infielder spot. Plays all three infield spots with 2B probably bein his best.  It appears can play SS unlike Maton. Elias has done a nice job adding to the middle infield depth that was lacking at the upper levels.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Looks like another AAAA infielder with a little upside to compete with Maton for that Elias coveted left-hander infielder spot. Plays all three infield spots with 2B probably bein his best.  It appears can play SS unlike Maton. Elias has done a nice job adding to the middle infield depth that was lacking at the upper levels.

Matón has played SS (327 starts) more than any other position in the minors and BA said this about him before the 2022 season.

Maton makes solid contact and projects to be a fringe-average hitter, with line-to-line power that shouldn’t lead to more than 10-15 home runs in the big leagues. He’s improved his range at shortstop, and has the ability to play there, second base and third base, with an above-average arm. He’s an average runner”

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Matón has played SS (327 starts) more than any other position in the minors and BA said this about him before the 2022 season.

Maton makes solid contact and projects to be a fringe-average hitter, with line-to-line power that shouldn’t lead to more than 10-15 home runs in the big leagues. He’s improved his range at shortstop, and has the ability to play there, second base and third base, with an above-average arm. He’s an average runner”

I don't know where you dug up that scouting report, but before you go off and Wildcard me by acting like MLB.com scouting reports mean anything, go look up his arm strength and OAA numbers on baseball savant and come back and tell me he can play SSs effectively. Westburg has a lot of shortstop time in the minors but I don't want him playing SS in anything other than an emergency. 

That was a lazy post, especially for you.