Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

11 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

How many times can you say the same thing over and over?

”I am an accomplished athlete. I have a great life. I have a keen eye as a talent evaluator. And I don’t like Jackson Holliday.”

We get it and we’ve heard it many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times already.

Ps - I would rather you bash post Holliday all day then that stuff you were posting yesterday.

How many 20 year old infielders have you heard of that had to be shut down because of elbow soreness?

It is pretty much unheard of. 

On 6/14/2024 at 6:23 PM, Flash- bd said:

What were your teenage years like? How are your kids doing these days, what fields are they masters of? Of your jobs which has been your favorite? Are you a Friends or a Seinfeld guy? How long is your list of lays? Tell us more, I'm anxious to know more about OnlyOneOriole and his adventures and Dos Equis commercial-worthy life. 

Dude drank Zima's with Kato Kaelin... is there anything else we really need to know?  🤣

2 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Is Basallo one of those NONE Pitchers?   🤣

I said it when CoC made that post.  A catcher has to throw more times than any pitcher.  So yeah, it can wear on you.  Obviously he is not going to throw with anywhere near the velocity as a pitcher but the simple repetition can be harmful. 

There is a reason why catchers are usually played by kids with low athletic ability from little league on up.  Because it is a very demanding position physically.  Why waste your best athletes on a position where they get worn out every day?

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

How many 20 year old infielders have you heard of that had to be shut down because of elbow soreness?

Zach Neto is all of 23 and had an issue with inflammation least month.

My guess is Elias is being overly protective since he doesn't want to bring him up right now anyway.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Zach Neto is all of 23 and had an issue with inflammation least month.

My guess is Elias is being overly protective since he doesn't want to bring him up right now anyway.

Of course there are exceptions to anything.

I am talking the law of averages.   For an infielder to get elbow inflammation as a 20 year old is highly unusual. 

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

As a supplement company owner based on high levels of Vit C, lysine, proline, and zinc...I concur. 

Alcohol in and of itself is not TH

•  
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Take a saline IV before bed and one of these when you get up.

F190006632_i0ar-gz.jpg

Expand  

Can't edit.  As a supplement company owner based on high levels of Vit C, lysine, proline, and zinc...I concur. 

Alcohol in and of itself is not THAT bad for you.  Especially clear alcohol.  It isn't great, but is it not terrible.  There is a reason why many countries/cultures who have a tradition of drinking live very long lives on average.

The issues that causes the most problems health wise are the darkness of the alcohol along with the sugar content mixed with it. 

26 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

How many [insert your age] have you heard of that obsess over the short comings of a 20 year old and yet are willing to die on the wall defending someone like Trevor Bauer?

34 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Here's some guys claiming to be "Doctors" and "Scientist" who studied it using data from Major League Baseball's Health Injury Tracking System.  They found that from 2011 - 2014 there were 3,185 elbow injuries - 435 of which occurred in Major League players and 2755 in minor league players.  Of those those, 1,911 were non-pitcher position players.  But yeah, like you said.  It's pretty much unheard of - with the exception of those 1,911 players.  https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0363546517706964 

Edited by BRobinsonfan

6 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

How many [insert your age] have you heard of that obsess over the short comings of a 20 year old and yet are willing to die on the wall defending someone like Trevor Bauer?

It's a message board.  People express their opinions.

You honestly think that means dying on the wall for someone?

You need to get out more.

2 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Here's some guys claiming to be "Doctors" and "Scientist" who studied it using data from Major League Baseball's Health Injury Tracking System.  They found that from 2011 - 2014 there were 3,185 elbow injuries - 435 of which occurred in Major League players and 2755 in minor league players.  Of those those, 1,911 were non-pitcher position players.  But yeah, like you said.  It's pretty much unheard of - with the exception of those 1,911 players.  https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0363546517706964 

Do you have any idea how many players there were during that time from the minors and majors?  1000s and 1000s.  And how many were catchers?

Your comparison is inconsequential mathematically.

And I don't give a flying **** about any of those non pitchers or catchers.  What I do care about is the face he was #1 and #1.   Who now is 20 years old, has an elbow injury, could barely throw to first base when he was with the Os, and looked like a HS kid playing against major league players when at bat. 

He has already lost a lot of value trade wise.  All I am saying is if the Os don't think he will every be anything special, which as the 1 and 1 you should be?

You trade him.