David Rubenstein 2024

I see David Rubenstein as a fan who happens to have invested in the team. He's just enjoying the position he's in and I don't see him making any big moves to start other than trying to improve some business areas such as the MASN situation.

I think he's just getting the hang of his new role and enjoying Orioles baseball while building relationships with his new team and front office.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

I love that he is attempting to connect with the fans. This is just so 180 degrees different than anything Angelos.

I think DR has already shaken more hands and done more fan photos since March than PA ever did.  DR is approaching ownership like a fan, because he’s doing what I would do if I had the money to buy a team. I wasn’t sure he was going to leave the MASN broadcast booth on Opening Day, he was having fun talking O’s history with Jim Palmer!

• Upvote 1

I'm just sitting here trying to picture this exact same video and music, except with John Angelos in place of DR.  Its literally unimaginable.

If there is one thing DR is showing, its that he's a fan of the team he owns.  That's the one thing (along with his fortune) that gives me hope for an extension or two.  How could a guy who's this big a FAN let Gunnar walk w/o giving his absolute best effort to retain him?

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I'm just sitting here trying to picture this exact same video and music, except with John Angelos in place of DR.  Its literally unimaginable.

If there is one thing DR is showing, its that he's a fan of the team he owns.  That's the one thing (along with his fortune) that gives me hope for an extension or two.  How could a guy who's this big a FAN let Gunnar walk w/o giving his absolute best effort to retain him?

I did the same thing, trying to imagine Angelos in there. An unfathomable image. 

On 5/1/2024 at 2:52 PM, interloper said:

We all like the guy. 

I got cranky and impatient and called these videos eye-rolly. 

Everyone yelled at me.

Then I acknowledged I was being impatient and I'm just eager to see what the guy can accomplish. 

Lol. 

Pretty solidly honest wrapup! :D

• Upvote 1