Saturday 6/8 Orioles @ Tampa Bay

C Taylor

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Do you think the owners would approve a Rays' move to Nashville, knocking out the Stewart group? If not, what's left as a destination for the Rays? Charlotte, Portland, San Antonio, Oakland, Montreal, Mexico City? MLB would need two of them for its own expansion.

There's a big push to get a team in Salt Lake City.  They just got a hockey team there

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Just read ATL spotting Hurston Waldrep's debut tomorrow - report was it will push Max Fried with some extra rest to our get home Tuesday.

At the back end of the series it might nudge Chris Sale out of it though.

Tuesday is going to be tough as it is.

MLB teams that play a night game and then travel and get to their destination in the wee hours of the morning only win at about a 40% clip,

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Do you think the owners would approve a Rays' move to Nashville, knocking out the Stewart group? If not, what's left as a destination for the Rays? Charlotte, Portland, San Antonio, Oakland, Montreal, Mexico City? MLB would need two of them for its own expansion.

I agree they don’t want to knock Stewart out of the ownership.  I think that is why they have given Tampa a lot of time to works things out.  I am thinking Montreal is one of the other cities likely to get a team.  Nashville is going to have a major league team within the next few years one way or the other.  

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

There's a big push to get a team in Salt Lake City.  They just got a hockey team there

Should be a team in San Antonio. It’s a great market, in Texas is big enough for three teams. I wonder if the Houston and Arlington groups are actively opposing such a move.

Plus there’s a minor league team there, but still.