Wednesday 7/10 Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Cowser should actually be sent back down to the minors. 

theres a kid down there that MIGHT give this team a spark...his name is Mayo...why we havent brought him up is beyond me..

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Cowser should actually be sent back down to the minors. 

6 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

I do get the feeling that Corbin looks to his offense for extra fuel. If they are scoring him runs, he has extra swagger. If not, he nibbles and has that "screw it" look. 

Totally agree. Deep down he's gotta be asking "I thought this offense was good?"

13 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Burnes about cooked. No support from his offense. Another loss incoming..

Burnes needs to "limp" off the field when he's pulled and take the AS Break off, i dont need to see him pitch one inning, rather he have the week off and pitch 1st game after the break. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I've only had this issue about 3 times and each were when my VPN was off.  I generally run the random, nearby VPN on Nord.  This was yesterday after the game had been over for about an hour and it had never occurred before.  Firefox, Ublock Origin, and Ghostery running.  Turned VPN back on with Nord's Web Protection feature disabled, because I've found it causes certificate errors and 403's on sites where it shouldn't.  Daily Mail, CNN, even MLBTradeRumors.  Have no clue why this occurs, but I do know that most problems of this nature are the result of browser addons and conflicts between malware programs and antivirus programs.  Malwarebytes never got along with any of the three security suites I've used over the past 25 years, as an example.  As things change on sites like this, conflicts arise with personal settings and programs.  I would experiment a little with turning things off to see if the problem persists.  I imagine a lot has been tried already, but it might be helpful, both to Tony and others to let each other know what has been tried.  With so many people experiencing the same thing and starting at close to the same time, it's possible there was a Windows or program update that changed a setting that no one is aware of. I've read that some chrome, firefox, and DDG browsers have been tried with no change, so that would tell me it could be some conflict with malware programs and antivirus.  The Apple stuff I have no clue on, as I reject Apple products completely and avoid them like the plague. 
    • Depending on the reliever that could work.
    • I agree with your point on the pitching. I am going to reserve judgment until after the deadline and then based on how the rest of the season turns out. Hopefully, Elias decides to pivot from his hedging approach and use his “aces” to do some big game hunting. I’ve believed for a while that you don’t need 7- 9 hitters to have a .750> OPS or an all “homegrown” lineup. But you need reliable arms to lock things down and win some lower scoring games in October. For all of the angst about the team’s July swoon and offensive slump, you can’t expect ANY Major League team to have to score 6+ runs to win. We’ve been giving up almost 6 runs a game since Bradish’s injury.
    • I like the idea of Skubal/lefty reliever/Robert.
    • The big remaining questions: 1. Will the Orioles pay a premium for a top rental RP (pretty much just Scott), or a good “maybe available” RP with control like Fairbanks, Bednar or Nardi? Or will they go for a cheap under-the-radar middle RP type? They’re going to come away with another RP arm in some capacity, but the prices for Puk and especially Estevez and Adam were so steep that it seems to have put the brakes on the RP market. It’s going to get moving again before the deadline, but not sure if the Orioles will be one to blink.  2. Will they add another SP? Eflin brings the need down, but they certainly could benefit from another playoff caliber SP. They probably don’t need to bother with the Montas/Quantril level, but somebody to bump Kremer to #5 and provide insurance for injury would be huge. Don’t think it will be Skubal or Crochet. Snell, Flaherty, Fedde, Kikuchi, Anderson are those likely to move, possibly Bassitt and Taillon - with a lot of buyers looking for SP will the Orioles come away with one? 3. Will one of the vets - Mountcastle, Mullins, or Urias - be moved to make roster space for Mayo? Assuming Holliday will be the extra position player on September 1, one of them (or Pache) will have to go to make an additional space for Mayo (probably mid-August so that Mayo retains ROY eligibility, like Holliday). Norby could be optioned, but Mateo is also not out for the year and it’s unclear when he’ll return. 4. If they’re adding a right handed corner OF, will it be a more expensive guy like Ward or Thomas, or a cheaper vet rental like Pham or Pillar? And if so, how do they make the additional roster space in addition to the space for Mayo? 5. Kjerstad and Bradfield IMO are the two biggest potential trade chips that the Orioles are probably willing, but reluctant to move. Do they survive the deadline?
    • If we could somehow land Skubal/Snell and Miller that would be a dream scenario. And IMO would put us back in the car bird seat in the AL and probably on par with the Phillies.
    • I'd never ever bet...but even if I DID.. Id definitely not ever bet against my team.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now