10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Roy's not wrong.  The Mayo love is over the top and Mayo might not be an answer but that doesn't mean he's wrong about Mountcastle.

I'm fine with getting a replacement, but they don't currently have a better option.

You going to trade Mountcastle and then trade something for his replacement?

Hope Mayo can actually play a defensive position and hit better than the -10 OPS+ he put up this season?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ahh it's not a game thread without Roy ripping on Mountcastle.

Yea Roy, he's clearly the issue.

I'm sure Mayo could have turned that double play yesterday.

Thank god Mayo's not on the playoff roster. And would so much rather have Mateo or Adam Frazier than our super-prospect Holliday.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I'm fine with getting a replacement, but they don't currently have a better option.

Hope Mayo can actually play a defensive position and hit better than the -10 OPS+ he put up this season?

Yeah. Do we want a soon to be 30 year old Pete Alonso? A 33 y/o Christian Walker?

There aren't any other good options, tbh. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think it's asking a lot to replace a 113 OPS+ at first.  I'm not saying Mayo is the answer but I also don't think it should be hard to find the replacement.

1 minute ago, casadeozo said:

He was pretty awful before and a majority of last year 

Mounty came back strong last year after the vertigo issue.  This year feels more of a slow decline, but he hasn't had a chance to get back in the rhythm after the injury the way he did last year when he returned from the IL.