10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

1 minute ago, mddisney said:

i disagree, he had it

I think it could have gone either way and would have entirely depended on how much force he could have gotten on the throw from the ground...and a bit of luck.

Second base should have been the play there, mentally, though, as there's no way you're getting Witt at first on a ball like that. And, absolute worst case, it's a sloppy flip to Gunnar and you're in the same scenario they wound up in, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Whatever.  We've given up two runs.  Should be only one, but Westburg apparently forgot that he could go to 2nd base.

I'll take 2 runs through six every game, no matter what.  

Its because he is a third baseman and our second baseman can’t hit. 

Best thing about losing today is I wont have to watch anymore crap from the 2024 Orioles.   I had more fun watching losing teams.  The 2011 team was lots of fun.  This team has been a misery.

• Downvote 1

Hyde lost this game (if we go on to lose) when he did not pinch hit for Cowser with the bases loaded. Like what was the thinking there?

He had two terrible ABs before that. And has not been good all season in high leverage situations.

He burns up his two best high leverage relievers in the middle innings and brings Cionel Perez in the game. Like what was he expecting to happen??

This is managerial malpractice.

39 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

If he would’ve used that same urgency to PH for McCann or have him bunt yesterday, maybe they win that game.

Yeah it's odd, I must admit--undermanaging yesterday, overmanaging today.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

This is why teams fire the babysitting managers when its "GO" time.  We need to find some manager who has won it before and get them.  

He needs to be gone if they lose this game. They don’t move runners over offensively (and don’t try to), are lackadaisical/bad defensively, and panic under any sign of pressure. That’s not all on Hyde, but a team with this much talent and a good manager doesn’t have all of those issues.