Pie Prediction Prognostication Pick a Peckled Pickle or Pepper Thread

Anonymous

I think Pie will not survive the full season on the 25-man roster.

I think he'll be DFAed at some point, not imminently nor toward the end of the season -- more like the mid-point between those two, perhaps a bit sooner though.

I think he will NOT be claimed by another club for the 25-man, which means he will not be claimed. Salazar wasn't claimed. Moore wasn't claimed. Pauley wasn't claimed. Why are we so fearful that Pie will be?

Pie will wind up as the starting CF at Norfolk for the balance of the year. What happens next year? All-out competition for the 25 at Spring training. Pie will be part of the mix.

Montanez and Reimold will both be on the 25-man and will both play and will both contribute in meaningful ways.

At some point this season, either Scott or Huff or Wigginton will be traded. Freel, of course, will be DFAed before he ever makes it off the DL/rehab circuit.

Salazar will stay at Norfolk for a while until most of these other questions/issues get resolved one or two at a time. Then when we see how the roster shakes out, it'll become more clear whether and/or when it makes sense to bring up Oscar.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way not to click on this thread...

On topic: I'd be very shocked if Pie passed through waivers.

I agree. The O's will try to get him through waivers, but someone else will be willing to keep Pie on their 25 man roster the rest of the year.

I agree. The O's will try to get him through waivers, but someone else will be willing to keep Pie on their 25 man roster the rest of the year.

If Pie is playing so poorly that waiving him becomes an option for the O's, IMO the only way another team grabs him is because of an injury, and they desperately....really desperately....needs someone to play CF.

Nice title, but Pie would not pass through waivers. There is just too much upside. Even if you believe he will never succeed, you can't argue about the potential. It's still there, and he's going to have to fail a lot more than he has thus far. And I even think he's making some progress. He wouldn't pass through waivers though, bottom line.

Agree with some of the predictions, but believe Pie wouldn't pass through waivers. He has had more hype associated with his talent than any of the other comparisons, and someone would take a chance just like AM did. Agree that so far, he is closer to not panning out for the O's, but quite honestly, Montanez hasn't been setting the world on fire either since his call-up.

Agree with some of the predictions, but believe Pie wouldn't pass through waivers. He has had more hype associated with his talent than any of the other comparisons, and someone would take a chance just like AM did. Agree that so far, he is closer to not panning out for the O's, but quite honestly, Montanez hasn't been setting the world on fire either since his call-up.
Holy small sample sizes, Batman. I take Montanez's performance last year, both at Bowie and with the O's, and his start at Norfolk this year, over the tiny handful of ABs he's had since the call-up.

I think Pie will not survive the full season on the 25-man roster.

I think he'll be DFAed at some point, not imminently nor toward the end of the season -- more like the mid-point between those two, perhaps a bit sooner though.

I think he will NOT be claimed by another club for the 25-man, which means he will not be claimed. Salazar wasn't claimed. Moore wasn't claimed. Pauley wasn't claimed. Why are we so fearful that Pie will be?

Pie will wind up as the starting CF at Norfolk for the balance of the year. What happens next year? All-out competition for the 25 at Spring training. Pie will be part of the mix.

Montanez and Reimold will both be on the 25-man and will both play and will both contribute in meaningful ways.

At some point this season, either Scott or Huff or Wigginton will be traded. Freel, of course, will be DFAed before he ever makes it off the DL/rehab circuit.

Salazar will stay at Norfolk for a while until most of these other questions/issues get resolved one or two at a time. Then when we see how the roster shakes out, it'll become more clear whether and/or when it makes sense to bring up Oscar.

And I am sure you couldn't be happier to see Pie fail. The man really has not been given the right amount of time. It has been 15 or 16 games. Tht is not enough time to make the proper read of a paleyr. If the O's tried to send down Pie someother team would pick him up. Pie would not pass through wavers. He is too good of a prospect. He jsut needs time.

And I am sure you couldn't be happier to see Pie fail. The man really has not been given the right amount of time. It has been 15 or 16 games. Tht is not enough time to make the proper read of a paleyr. If the O's tried to send down Pie someother team would pick him up. Pie would not pass through wavers. He is too good of a prospect. He jsut needs time.

This seems to be common rhetoric around here lately. If someone doesn't think Pie is any good then they "want him to fail".

What the heck is that all about?

I don't think he is ever going to any good. I would love for him to bat over .300 with 25 bombs this year! I WANT him to succeed. Why wouldn't I?

That said, I think he eventually becomes a 4th outfielder or is cut.

This seems to be common rhetoric around here lately. If someone doesn't think Pie is any good then they "want him to fail".

What the heck is that all about?

I don't think he is ever going to any good. I would love for him to bat over .300 with 25 bombs this year! I WANT him to succeed. Why wouldn't I?

That said, I think he eventually becomes a 4th outfielder or is cut.

As much as I hope Pie succeeds, and am willing to give him at least 6 more weeks to see if it works, I think he will eventually be a good 4th outfielder.

When are people ever going to realize that winning the triple crown at AA at age 26 just isn't some great feat.

Montanez is at best a #4 OFer....Pie is such a better talent/prospect, that you can't even intelligently bring them up in the same conversation and expect to be taken seriously.

Archived