Does a Yankee get plunked tomorrow?

oriole_way

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This all seems pretty stupid to me. Occasionally I'm all for a retaliatory plunking, but the better thing would be for Bedard to dominate and put them 6.0 games back in the wild card while taking every series from them this season.

Truthfully, it is pretty stupid, but we can't let them think they can push us around, it's more a pride thing to me. Obviously, two wrongs don't make a right, but I just don't think we can sit there and let this happen. The Yankees are a great team, and deserve respect for that. However, they don't deserve to be able to get away with hitting people just because they're not used to getting blown out.

Yup, the best way to get revenge is to beat them into the ground - on the scoreboard - and with aggressive clean play. Retaliating by throwing at someone is for losers. Also, it makes you lose focus of what' important - winning games. If your focus changes to getting revenge, you've already lost.

I learned that from watching Frank Robinson when I was growing up. Whenever Frank was brushed back with a head-high pitch, he was going to hit a homerun.

I don't see why Jeter's supposed classiness immunizes him from anything.

I think Nick is pretty classy, and that didn't stop them. If you throw at our best two hitters, it opens you up to anything. It's not like they threw at Fahey.

And, as captain and leader of the Yankees, if Jeter didn't want his guys throwing at people, it wouldn't happen. While he may not have called for it, he certainly condoned it, because if anyone could put a stop to that nonsense (particularly after last week's Blue Jays game) it is Jeter.

I agree with others: I'd rather see us pound them 12-0 on the scoreboard a few more times. But if we hit somebody in a non-crucial situation, and if it happens to be Jeter, I'm not going to complain about it.

Yup, the best way to get revenge is to beat them into the ground - on the scoreboard - and with aggressive clean play. Retaliating by throwing at someone is for losers. Also, it makes you lose focus of what' important - winning games. If your focus changes to getting revenge, you've already lost.

I learned that from watching Frank Robinson when I was growing up. Whenever Frank was brushed back with a head-high pitch, he was going to hit a homerun.

Totally disagree, you have to protect your teammates.

I don't see why Jeter's supposed classiness immunizes him from anything.

I think Nick is pretty classy, and that didn't stop them. If you throw at our best two hitters, it opens you up to anything. It's not like they threw at Fahey.

And, as captain and leader of the Yankees, if Jeter didn't want his guys throwing at people, it wouldn't happen. While he may not have called for it, he certainly condoned it, because if anyone could put a stop to that nonsense (particularly after last week's Blue Jays game) it is Jeter.

I agree with others: I'd rather see us pound them 12-0 on the scoreboard a few more times. But if we hit somebody in a non-crucial situation, and if it happens to be Jeter, I'm not going to complain about it.

I can't disagree with you, although I am admittedly a Jeter fan and don't understand all the hate on here for a guy who is a great player who is classy on and off the field. Just because he plays for the Yanks doesn't mean he's a jerk. But that's a discussion for another time.

You're right though, he is the face of the franchise, the captain...etc. So if the O's decided he's the guy, then I'm fine with it. AS for the Blue Jays game, keep in mind that Towers threw at the Yankees before Clemens did anything...

Definately right. I don't know why Trembley didn't just have Cabrera do it when there was 2 outs and nobody on.

Especially since he obviously was planning on taking him out anyway...However, why plunk Andy Phillips when they hit Markakis.

Last night was the perfect time. We were up by alot and we had our resident head hunter in Cabrera on the mound. And it looked like he would be more then happy to let one loose. The only thing wrong with it was the Yanks took everyone out.

But Bedard doesnt have to hit someone, he could just throw behind someone. But id rather have Hoey hit someone

You don't let someone throw at your two best players and just do nothing. Why do you think Daniel looked the way he did when he was taken out?? Everyone in the stadium knew Abreu was about to be drilled and IMO Trembley made a stupid decision not letting him drill him..

Definately right. I don't know why Trembley didn't just have Cabrera do it when there was 2 outs and nobody on.

Trembley himself said he told DCab to not throw at anyone...Trembley didn't feel that was the time.

As soon as i saw Markakis get hit, i thought for sure DCab would be drilling someone.

Last night was the perfect time. We were up by alot and we had our resident head hunter in Cabrera on the mound. And it looked like he would be more then happy to let one loose. The only thing wrong with it was the Yanks took everyone out.

But Bedard doesnt have to hit someone, he could just throw behind someone. But id rather have Hoey hit someone

The guy to use is Rob Bell...If he gets suspended, we are better for it.

I can't believe I'm hearing this. Do people really care more about Bedard's personal accomplishments than the good of the team? Since when is the goal of this season to win Erik Bedard the Cy Young?

I'm sorry, but that "let's just beat them" attitude is for the birds (no pun intended). Why can't we win AND stand up for ourselves? Would it be the end of the world to hit a batter with two outs with the strikeout leader on the mound?

I've heard people complain constantly about Bedard's makeup. He's not a gamer...he's not a leader...he doesn't step up. Well here's his chance. I guarantee Bedard's teammates will have a lot more respect for him if he drills Jeter or ARod. (It goes without saying that we're not headhunting. You never try to hurt someone.)

I know for a fact that more than a few guys in the O's locker room are irked about what happened yesterday. If Bedard plunks someone tomorrow you watch the high fives he gets when he gets back to the dugout.

Archived