8/30 - Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

Matusz is a beast today! I've been more interested in this second half of a season than I have in many years. Seeing the development of guys like Reimold, Pie, Tillman, Matusz and Wieters (he's looked bad today, but he's been improving slowly) makes the losses seem like nothing if I see progression. Tillman going five with 1ER made up for the blown game by Ray for me yesterday.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone explain to me, why that's a rule? You can't go to your mouth even if you don't have the ball while you're on the dirt?

Can't even put your hand up there while you're on the dirt.

On cold days, the umps give special permission to blow on their hand, otherwise that would be illegal too.

I'd love for the kid to throw a no-hitter. But at this point I think I'd like for him to get one more walk so I'm not pissed that it should've been a perfect game.

And watch how I jinxed him.

But it's okay cause I'm outta here! (gotta go grocery shopping)

Wonderful. Jinx it and leave. That's just great...

Isn't it customary to warn the pitcher? I see that much more often than the automatic ball.

I have seen it before but never when the pitcher did not have the ball. Either Balking Bob saw Matusz do it before or was looking for something to call.

Well, you could see that coming... good for Ty to knock him over...

The C was backing up from the hit instead of trying to tag him. Wuss. Too bad Ty couldn't have stepped on the plate right before he knocked him over...

Archived