Mlbtraderumors.com predicts Delgado to the O's

wildcard

When you se the P word you:new_beer: when I see it I have to :puke: Oh well at least I'm losing weight.:laughlol:
It's very enjoyable, yes.

Between this and the hand ringing over the Ravens, I've been cracking up.

Its a crying shame the rep isn't working today...there has been LOADS to go around!

If I REALLY was drinking in real life every time the P word has been used in the past few weeks, you would have to replace my liver with a sponge!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it's because I'm skeptical of these young guys being able to swim by themselves when thrown into the deep end...

Markakis has already struggled when he was made the primary offensive force. Ditto for Jones. Delgado by himself won't take much of that burden away from them IMO. Reimold will be coming off of surgery and always seems to have some sort of nagging injury and he's basically a RH Luke Scott that is prone to extended cold streaks. Pie is a huge WC because of his August that looks like an outlier than a trend at this point.

Carlos Delgado isn't much of a flotation device to help these guys IMO...

But nothing has changed since you said this a few months ago.

So really, it is about your agenda.

What a joke.

This would be "par for the course" with the O's.

Somehow though, I don't see AM going this route. Despite all the talk about getting a big bat, I just don't see any real big moves. AM is rolling the dice on the young arms and hoping for more out of MW, Pie, Jones, Reimold, Snyder, Bell, etc.

I agree that MacPhail is more or less set on the young guys for position roles, and possibly Snyder at 1B this year. A Delgado signing would be solely for the DH role, and probably only if he can't come up with another option.

No it's because I'm skeptical of these young guys being able to swim by themselves when thrown into the deep end...

Markakis has already struggled when he was made the primary offensive force. Ditto for Jones. Delgado by himself won't take much of that burden away from them IMO. Reimold will be coming off of surgery and always seems to have some sort of nagging injury and he's basically a RH Luke Scott that is prone to extended cold streaks. Pie is a huge WC because of his August that looks like an outlier than a trend at this point.

Carlos Delgado isn't much of a flotation device to help these guys IMO...

You could have drawn the same conclusion months ago...you didn't.

It'd be nice if you just said, "I want the O's to sign Matt Holliday," and leave it as that instead of trying to push these reach arguments and flip-flopping on us.

It's amazing how you simply fail to show any flexibility. All the O's red flags you shine a light on and overexagerrate their impact....any red flags surrounding whomever your Premium Player of the Day is get ignored.

The other thing I like about this list is Figgins is predicted to go back to the Angels.

This would be for the best and SOOON. So I don't have to see a new "Figgins is the answer to all of my dreams" thread every day for the rest of the offseason.

It'd be nice if you just said, "I want the O's to sign Matt Holliday," and leave it as that instead of trying to push these reach arguments and flip-flopping on us.

It's amazing how you simply fail to show any flexibility. All the O's red flags you shine a light on and overexagerrate their impact....any red flags surrounding whomever your Premium Player of the Day is get ignored.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....the humanity! Please stop with the P word! :new_beer:

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that this site has Harden going to the Sox at a 1/7 base salary. We shouldn't allow that to happen. We certainly can beat 1/7 (with incentives) and should. I'd also like an option year for 2011, but wouldn't hate a 2 year deal.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is that this site has Harden going to the Sox at a 1/7 base salary. We shouldn't allow that to happen. We certainly can beat 1/7 (with incentives) and should. I'd also like an option year for 2011, but wouldn't hate a 2 year deal.

But would Harden pick a last place team over a high budget contender? That is where it gets hard to make happen.

Because I know a lot more than you do.

Why not? If he is healthy, he could easily be a 900+ OPS/30+ homer guy.

You just don't get it...Our improvement is going to have NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT WE BRING IN VIA FA OR TRADES...The idea that shows you can't figure this out and grasp this point just proves my point.

I guess I will continue to bring this point up as well...And I am sure you will cowardly continue to ignore it...But you have said you feel Pie, Reimold, Jones, Wieters, Nick and BRob would give us an 810ish OPS. So, you do that and if Delgado gives us even an 850 ish OPS, that will be a contending offense, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

:rofl:

Pie still is AAAA

But would Harden pick a last place team over a high budget contender? That is where it gets hard to make happen.

If you put a 2/18 deal plus incentives on the table, he might.

He is still young enough that if he stays healthy and gets that contract, that he could sign a big deal with a contender later.

And with his injury history, this may be the only time he can get that type of money.

Only to someone who doesn't recognize talent and ability.

Yeah Right & your all knowing:rolleyes:

His 2009 numbers were well Mediocre. A improvement from his previous pitiful major league stats. He was treated like a platoon player most of the year where Trembley picked his spots.

But without Holliday or another premium bat, our young guys won't be able to develop properly!!!!!!!;)

Archived