What should a statue of Brooks look like?

Frobby

The greatest post in OH history. Well done.

That post is insanely juvenile and insidious in its irreverence of Brooks. :angryfire:Well done indeed.:mad::rolleyestf:

Anyone who disrespects Brooks in any manner ought to be permanently banned from this or any Orioles fan site.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That post is insanely juvenile and insidious in its irreverence of Brooks. :angryfire:Well done indeed.:mad::rolleyestf:

Anyone who disrespects Brooks in any manner ought to be permanently banned from this or any Orioles fan site.

Oh, come one, it was a joke. Nothing disrespectful about it.

I agree with Roy that putting a statue of Brooks in front of Pickles and Sliders seems a bit disrespectful, however. Nothing against those fine establishments, but if there is going to be a statue of Brooks, it should not be a place to put your beer cup.

Oh, come one, it was a joke. Nothing disrespectful about it.

Maybe not if it was done by a 12 year old but otherwise I have to disagree. It was about the absolutely infuriating post I have ever seen here.

I agree with Roy that putting a statue of Brooks in front of Pickles and Sliders seems a bit disrespectful, however. Nothing against those fine establishments, but if there is going to be a statue of Brooks, it should not be a place to put your beer cup.

I do agree with you on this (your second paragraph).

I'm not a fan of Robocop either. I'd rather see Brooks battling Michael Meyers.

I agree.

Right. It would be like using Brooks as a Cigar Store Indian...

Most people would take you advocating they be banned as a compliment. You know, considering you know virtually nothing about anything.

Most people would take you advocating they be banned as a compliment. You know, considering you know virtually nothing about anything.

And what pray tell do you think you know about anything regarding this thread topic? :scratchchinhmm: I can tell you for certain you know nothing about how good Brooks Robinson was or you wouldn't have posted the second most nonsensical post on this thread where like a second grader whining for his share of something ... that if you give a statute to Brooks you will have to give one for everyone else. Wow, that really was a scintillating comment. Woah, let me get in on some of that high level thinking!!:laughlol:

Apparently, you don't even have the smarts as an virtually any Oriole fan to know beyond any measure of thought whatsover that Brooks Robinson was the greatest defensive third baseman of all time and likely no one will ever be as good much less better. Now get back to posting anything to me when you realize this basic knowledge.

And what pray tell do you think you know about anything regarding this thread topic? :scratchchinhmm: I can tell you for certain you know nothing about how good Brooks Robinson was or you wouldn't have posted the second most nonsensical post on this thread where like a second grader whining for his share of something ... that if you give a statute to Brooks you will have to give one for everyone else. Wow, that really was a scintillating comment. Woah, let me get in on some of that high level thinking!!:laughlol:

Apparently, you don't even have the smarts as an virtually any Oriole fan to know beyond any measure of thought whatsover that Brooks Robinson was the greatest defensive third baseman of all time and likely no one will ever be as good much less better. Now get back to posting anything to me when you realize this basic knowledge.

OldFan, this is for you....

random-shots-2.jpg

OldFan, this is for you....

random-shots-2.jpg

And this is for you...

If You Don't Like Brooks Robinson You Can Kiss My A--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody here ever heard the Hank Williams Jr song:

If You Don't Like Hank Williams, You Can Kiss My A--?

Well, I just thought of a song to match that music that goes like this here;

I liked Mickey Mantle, I liked big Norm Cash,

I think Carl Yastremski, was a table thumping smash,

Watching Jim Palmer pitch was as good as smoking grass,

But if you don't like Brooks Robinson, you can kiss my a--!

Cause I think what he done was well worth doing,

And he's doing it the best way that he can,

Oh, your the only one that you are screwing,

When you put down what you don't understand,

Yeah

Now I love all the Ripken Brothers, Frank Robinson and Boog Powell

Mark the Blade Belanger, and sweet swinging Charlie Lau,

Everything Earl Weaver did, and I'm in love with Eddie's Bat,

But if you don't like Brooks Robinson, you can kiss my a--!

Cause I think what he done was well worth doing,

And he's doing it the best way that he can,

Oh, your the only one that you are screwing,

When you put down what you don't understand,

Now I ain't saying that he was the first or the last,

But anyone that don't like Brooks Robinson, you can kiss my a--!

What exactly did I say in this thread that led you to believe I don't "like" Brooks Robinson?

I just pretend not to like him b/c deep down I do and I don't want to come on too strong b/c I really really want him to go to the Prom with me lolz.

You don't pull on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind,

You don't pull the mask of of the Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with him (Brooks that is).

At least not when I am around to call you out about it!:cussing:

Granted you weren't the primary offender but nevertheless an accomplice.

You don't pull on superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind,

You don't pull the mask of of the Lone Ranger and you don't mess around with him (Brooks that is).

At least not when I am around to call you out about it!:cussing:

Yea man, I hate Brooks Robinson, you got it all figured out.

Yea man, I hate Brooks Robinson, you got it all figured out.

Well, you and your pal Mackus need to learn what the word "respect" means. Apparently it is missing from your vocabulary (or brains) when it comes to Brooks Robinson.:eek::(:rolleyestf:

For those on here that actually have 1/2 a brain...

If we give Brooks a statue, Cal Ripken almost has to have one, he's the most recognizable name associated with the Orioles and their history. He also was responsible for 2131, which was voted the #1 moment in baseball history, so yea, I'd give one to him before anyone else (and I'd probably prefer to just have one for him). I also think Frank Robinson, while not an Oriole for as long, deserves one too (and, yes, I think FRobby was a better overall player than Brooks, sue me).

As for Mackus' post about Robocop. It made me laugh. It's funny. A sense of humor is a good thing, trust me.

Fortunately, 99.9% of the people on this site know this.

Archived