5/27: A's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back and v. glad to see the game tied up. Must be b/c I showed discipline and ate just a 6" sub instead of a foot-long one.

Was Atkins' lineout in the 4th struck well? That would be the third hard-hit ball in his last five at-bats.

Lugo's not a very good basestealer. :(

One more: Was Matt's RBI single a line drive or a blooper? (Desperately searching for signs that some sluggish Oriole bats will actually start sluggin'.)

Liner up the middle. Wasn't hit real hard. Tried to jam him in, and he was able to fight it off and take it up the middle. Nice piece of hitting.

One more: Was Matt's RBI single a line drive or a blooper? (Desperately searching for signs that some sluggish Oriole bats will actually start sluggin'.)

I'd call it a soft line drive. It sounded like he broke his bat, actually.

When they're on, a Bergy game and a Matusz game go by so differently. Bergeson's outs use a minimum number of pitches and regularly return attention to this glovemen (!) whipping the ball around the infield. Matusz really brings the fan's attention to the art of pitching--the game of sculpting a count and guesses inching toward a strikeout.

I prefer the first. I'm getting too old to listen to long games.

AJ gradually redeeming his season. It wd be nice to see Garrett do likewise in this at-bat.

These umps need to get a reality check. Pitchers do that all the damn time, STOP BEING APART OF THE GAME!!!!

Why do the A's always seem to have someone on base when one of their fluke homers are hit?

Unreal.

There was a bit of an uproar over Lilly pitching in front of the rubber in the Cubs-Dodgers game last night. My guess is that put it on the radar for the umps.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/cj-nitkowski-caught-someone-cheating.html.php

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/3760/lilly-cheats-twitter-notices

Archived