Was firing Mazzone a good thing?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Was firing Mazzone a good thing?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeez, I forgot about Hill. I would be content with Hill and Pie for Tejada.

I would be ecstatic. A #2/3 starter and a young CF who is close to the MLB ready? I would take that in a heartbeat. I doubt they would give up Hill though.

This organization is the worst in MLB in evaluating talent and making management decisions. Everywhere you go, the Orioles are the laughing stock of forums and discussion groups regarding baseball.

Announcing that the manager was hired to stay on for next season, closed the door for further manager possibilities for the next season. What happened to the team, the played like they played with the previous manager.

This team has no respect for the people in charge, and doing something like this further reinforces that notion. What is Angleos, McPhail and the rest of those idiots going to do next besides the obvious - Firing Trembley.

So you're the one who thought Mazzone could do no wrong.

This organization is the worst in MLB in evaluating talent and making management decisions. Everywhere you go, the Orioles are the laughing stock of forums and discussion groups regarding baseball.

Announcing that the manager was hired to stay on for next season, closed the door for further manager possibilities for the next season. What happened to the team, the played like they played with the previous manager.

This team has no respect for the people in charge, and doing something like this further reinforces that notion. What is Angleos, McPhail and the rest of those idiots going to do next besides the obvious - Firing Trembley.

They need to wait for Mattingly to take over for Torre first, so then Girradi will come here, then they can fire Trembley. :002_ssuprised:

Seems like the Cubs need pitching... they picked up Trachsel's option... so why would they trade Hill? Perhaps we'll get Trachsel back? lol

We do need the veteranosity. Maybe Tejada for Pie, Trachsel, and 25 copies of "The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People." ;)

Apparently we are fine with Luis Hernandez at SS then.

Not hardly. If Tejada gets traded it'll hopefully be one move among many. By the time the dust settles we should have a legit SS in place for '08, and maybe a legit LF, 3B, 1B, and CF. We might lose something offensively at SS and 2B if both Tejada and Roberts are traded, but we'll be stronger in the long run.

This move really ticks me off. We bring in the best pitching coach in baseball, don't let him establish "his way of doing things" throughout the entire organization, and then run him out of town when things don't work? With all of the dysfunctions in this organization, we just got rid of one of the only few parts that any other team would want. And, now we have yet another hole to fill. Maybe we should have let him establish his way of doing things from top to bottom in this organization.

Archived