• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that the was any credibility to be lost anyway, but any person that thinks this season was the lowest point in franchise history loses all credibility with me. You do realize the team lost 107 games in 1988, right?

This vendetta is really getting absurd, and it has almost no basis in reality. It stems back to a single happening--Tex not signing with the O's. Guess what? It was never happening. No matter how much wining and dining MacPhail did. The Yankees simply would have beaten any offer.

Not that the was any credibility to be lost anyway, but any person that thinks this season was the lowest point in franchise history loses all credibility with me. You do realize the team lost 107 games in 1988, right?

This vendetta is really getting absurd, and it has almost no basis in reality. It stems back to a single happening--Tex not signing with the O's. Guess what? It was never happening. No matter how much wining and dining MacPhail did. The Yankees simply would have beaten any offer.

It amazes me that people can't see that that is what this is all about. Yet they continue to take the bait. Myself included. :bangwall:

Scott had a career year, but I'd be hestiant to call him a cornerstone. He has to prove this year wasn't a fluke.

Fluke? He had an .855 OPS in 2008 with Houston, put up an .805 in 2008, an 828 in 2009, and now a 902.

You're forgetting this is a guy who put up 1.047 OPS with Houston in 2006 over the course of 214 at bats.

Put down the Haterade.

Fluke? He had an .855 OPS in 2008 with Houston, put up an .805 in 2008, an 828 in 2009, and now a 902.

You're forgetting this is a guy who put up 1.047 OPS with Houston in 2006 over the course of 214 at bats.

Put down the Haterade.

Luke Scott has been amazingly consistent since being with the Orioles. His average is 20 points higher this year, and his slugging is better, but to call this season a fluke is absurd.

PS: I completely agree with your post.

My issue is really with the prophet it would be hard to reasonably argue that there has not been a lot of progress. It can be argue it should be faster or debating the merits of a particular move. It can even be argued that anyone could have done it with has bad has it was. But to act like AM got us where we are is crazy talk without agreeing every step he has taken has been up a steep hill.

132followtheprophet.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Look at the record and winning % for the Orioles under each GM. Then look at the record before the Orioles hired Showalter under AM.

MacPhail had the worst winning % of any GM in franchise history since Art Ehlers in the clubs first season in Baltimore.

The Orioles were at their lowest point under MacPhail as they had sustained horrible season after horrible season and kept getting worse.

MacPhail did a horrible job of surrounding the young talent last offseason. What makes anybody think he should have the chance this offseason? He's done nothing to show that he has an eye for difference making position player talent or that he's willing to pay or trade several young players to acquire it.

My only vendetta is wanting the Orioles to win, and as long as MacPhail remains GM, he'll be a roadblock to that process.

You mean how he blocked the o's from having the best record in the AL east over the last 3rd of the season. It is funny that AM has consistantly pointed to the Rays has the example of how we could build a winner. We our year very closely mirrors the Ray's year before going to the WS. It should make you happy to see that. It also should make you excited that from day one AM has agreed with you that there are resources available to push the team over the top. I think your crow is going to be tasty when AM serves it up to you this winter. Knowing you it will stay on you plate for a long while. You will rail against his moves because there will not be ANY 3-5 player for one year rentals. But I think it is certain that we will fill our holes with productive players.

You mean how he blocked the o's from having the best record in the AL east over the last 3rd of the season. It is funny that AM has consistantly pointed to the Rays has the example of how we could build a winner. We our year very closely mirrors the Ray's year before going to the WS. It should make you happy to see that. It also should make you excited that from day one AM has agreed with you that there are resources available to push the team over the top. I think your crow is going to be tasty when AM serves it up to you this winter. Knowing you it will stay on you plate for a long while. You will rail against his moves because there will not be ANY 3-5 player for one year rentals. But I think it is certain that we will fill our holes with productive players.

They'd better be more than just "productive." They have to make a major impact on this club, enough to offset any injury or lack of performance from our other players.

MacPhail has never been able to find this positional talent that has been the right price for him or the right amount of risk. He's passed up on opportunity after opportunity, and the Orioles have been held back as a result.

I do have faith that Showalter will get what he wants this offseason, but it won't because of Andy MacPhail, rather in spite of him. He will go to Angelos if MacPhail won't do something he wants and PGA will force MacPhail to make the move IMO. Make no mistake about it, Showalter was hired to win now, regardless of MacPhail's plan or timeline.

They'd better be more than just "productive." They have to make a major impact on this club, enough to offset any injury or lack of performance from our other players.

MacPhail has never been able to find this positional talent that has been the right price for him or the right amount of risk. He's passed up on opportunity after opportunity, and the Orioles have been held back as a result.

I do have faith that Showalter will get what he wants this offseason, but it won't because of Andy MacPhail, rather in spite of him. He will go to Angelos if MacPhail won't do something he wants and PGA will force MacPhail to make the move IMO. Make no mistake about it, Showalter was hired to win now, regardless of MacPhail's plan or timeline.

Now wouldn't it be just as reasonable to say that now that the arms are grown, AM has got a win now manager? Buck will get what he wants because AM and Buck agree on what needs to be done? There have been ZERO reports that there have been any on field personel disputes between Buck and AM. All we seem to here is both saying that every option to improve the club will be explored. Both have also said that nothing should be done that risks crippling the club long term. You like to spout off about Buck's history of thinking like you I see nothing that supports this. I also hear a guy talking about payroll flexibility. Do you think this might just be because of his experience with the rangers. You know when they gave a contract that completely crippled the club and had to buy thier way out of it for years. I hate to break it to you Buck does not think like you he seems to think more like AM.

Trea who were the premium bats that lead us to thebest record in the AL east the last third of the season? I will answer for you there were none by your standards. This is not saying don't improve we obviously need to fill several holes. It just does not have to be all future HOFers coming in. BTW maybe we will end up with more premium guys throwing the ball than the other guys.

Trea who were the premium bats that lead us to thebest record in the AL east the last third of the season? I will answer for you there were none by your standards. This is not saying don't improve we obviously need to fill several holes. It just does not have to be all future HOFers coming in. BTW maybe we will end up with more premium guys throwing the ball than the other guys.

The pitching was spectacular, but the offense still sputtered under Buck.

You can't expect that pitching to continue. It might, but you can't depend on that so the offense has to be there when the pitching isn't. And right now it certainly isn't there.

Archived