Well your opinion is wrong.

Buck will be working with AM and he will have a lot of input.

But Buck isn't going to be the one signing the contracts. He isn't going to be making the final decisions.

He is not a FO guy...He is a manager.

And even if he was making the decisions, we don't even know if that is a good thing...Look at the AGon deal.

BTW, does this mean if the Orioles have a poor offseason, that you will blame Buck?

Of course not. If we get the players Trea wants, then it's because Buck forced AM's hand with PA to get them. If we don't get the players Trea wants, then AM has thwarted Buck's efforts.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW, does this mean if the Orioles have a poor offseason, that you will blame Buck?

I do not think they will have a poor offseason, but to answer your question - yes. Showalter is now responsible for building this team into a winner.

IMO MacPhail will push the paperwork and negotiate, but Showalter will identify who he wants in FA and which players he doesn't think fit the Orioles that he can trade for additional players. Then MacPhail will have to get what he wants no matter what or else he'll go to PGA who will make MacPhail pull the trigger. I believe that Angelos has grown impatient with MacPhail's sloth like rebuilding process and declining attendance as a result, which is why Showalter is here.

It's all about winning games now, so AM better play along or get the heck out of the way...

I do not think they will have a poor offseason, but to answer your question - yes. Showalter is now responsible for building this team into a winner.

IMO MacPhail will push the paperwork and negotiate, but Showalter will identify who he wants in FA and which players he doesn't think fit the Orioles that he can trade for additional players. Then MacPhail will have to get what he wants no matter what or else he'll go to PGA who will make MacPhail pull the trigger. I believe that Angelos has grown impatient with MacPhail's sloth like rebuilding process and declining attendance as a result, which is why Showalter is here.

It's all about winning games now, so AM better play along or get the heck out of the way...

You are absolutely clueless. I've never seen someone who is so wrong so often, and doesn't let that stop him. I'll echo Mad Mark's sentiment, please go away.

You are absolutely clueless. I've never seen someone who is so wrong so often, and doesn't let that stop him. I'll echo Mad Mark's sentiment, please go away.

To be fair, he didn't couch any of that in "fact" terminology. All opinion. And he didn't back down when asked a pointed question.

Frustration, fine...but calling that particular post clueless is unfounded, IMO.

The best part about all of this is that when AM does lay down some dough on an FA (most likely this winter), it won't be because this was the plan all along, it'll be because Buck stepped in and demanded AM do it.

Yes, this is perfect. It really doesn't matter what happens, the prophecy accounts for all permutations.

To be fair, he didn't couch any of that in "fact" terminology. All opinion. And he didn't back down when asked a pointed question.

Frustration, fine...but calling that particular post clueless is unfounded, IMO.

What difference does it make when he's just BSing. When it comes time to pay the piper (as in he doesn't like the moves that are made this offseason) and someone resurrects that post he'll just spin it like he spins everything else.

What difference does it make when he's just BSing. When it comes time to pay the piper (as in he doesn't like the moves that are made this offseason) and someone resurrects that post he'll just spin it like he spins everything else.

Because to one degree or another that's what most people do? Seems as though he's much more brazen about it, but still...

...I don't know. I very much like that these boards aren't brimming over with coarse/amateurish/disgusting material, but I'm not exactly a fan of shouting down posters whose opinions differ wildly from those of the majority...especially when there's an "ignore" function.

It's not like words on the screen are actually jumping up and poking people in their eyes...

And how do you define a good offseason?

And how do you define a good offseason?

Both 1B and 3B/LF to be upgraded with difference making talent via FA and/or trades, no 1 year stopgaps.

Veteran #2-#3 starter and LH bullpen arm signed - Rhodes?

Bench upgraded with a player like Hinske or Hairston.

Buck likely has veto power over MacPhail with PGA though, so he might as well be.

I think MacPhail will be GM virtually in name only this offseason and in the last year of his deal. He's a lame duck.

Showalter is now the person shaping this organization, not MacPhail IMO.

This is amongst the densest things you've ever said.

You seriously believe Buck has veto power over his boss?

Both 1B and 3B/LF to be upgraded with difference making talent via FA and/or trades, no 1 year stopgaps.

Veteran #2-#3 starter and LH bullpen arm signed - Rhodes?

Bench upgraded with a player like Hinske or Hairston.

Can you give some names you'd like to see acquired for 1b, 3b/LF, and a veteran #2/3 starter and describe how you'd acquire them. If you are trading for them, what players are you giving up? If you are signing them, for how much and for how long?

Because to one degree or another that's what most people do? Seems as though he's much more brazen about it, but still...

...I don't know. I very much like that these boards aren't brimming over with coarse/amateurish/disgusting material, but I'm not exactly a fan of shouting down posters whose opinions differ wildly from those of the majority...especially when there's an "ignore" function.

It's not like words on the screen are actually jumping up and poking people in their eyes...

Not trying to speak for the majority, but this is what IMO the consensus is:

The board ignore feature does no good, because when people quote his posts, they still show up.

The "super ignore" feature gets rid of all that, but there's still the matter of nearly every single topic being de-railed and still seeing the reactionary posts.

Not trying to speak for the majority, but this is what IMO the consensus is:

The board ignore feature does no good, because when people quote his posts, they still show up.

The "super ignore" feature gets rid of all that, but there's still the matter of nearly every single topic being de-railed and still seeing the reactionary posts.

People simply have to stop responding to him.:noidea:

Archived