2010 Mobbies: Vote for the Orioles Hangout!

ScottieBaseball

It is ridiculous that Tony's Take is anywhere near the top of top Orioles blogs. The last post was in August until recently (during the voting). If it won, it would be like Raffy winning the Gold Glove for first base when he hardly played there all year: a joke.

This is overly harsh, and overly serious.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. And it also seems pretty weird. Did the person that did this have a life?

Yeah, I voted for Tony's Take.

LOL...it's both laughable and sad that some people just can't stand the fact that the journalistic content guys like Paul Folkemer, Mike Miller, Adam Vencill, Kevin Hess, Tony, and I produce throughout the year continually gain more mainstream acceptance as time goes by. So much so that the Baltimore Sun hired longtime Hangout writer and associate editor Mike Miller away from us just a few weeks ago. Dean Jones, Jr. is another guy who worked for us for a week or so before he was hired on by the Sun to be their Sports Community Coordinator. He now does a fantastic job with his own minor league coverage for the Sun.

Funny story...not long ago a certain vertically-challenged, frosting-tipped haired radio station owner told me to my face, "The Orioles Hangout is great. Don't get me wrong. It's just not REAL media. It's a website." That same nephew of a former Orioles great now shamelessly promotes his business as a web media company. Same guy takes credit for basically creating the entire local sports media landscape the same way Al Gore took credit for the internet.

The irony is this: We thought of the whole web-based media outlet thing first. So either we were ahead of our time or said detractor was dead wrong. Whichever applies, I'm proud to be a member of this community and honored to contribute to the day-to-day operation of this site.

Tony's Take and the Orioles Hangout is worthy of every single vote. Make sure you vote daily over the next 10 days and help make us the #1 O's website in Maryland and the #1 Maryland blog overall!

It is ridiculous that Tony's Take is anywhere near the top of top Orioles blogs. The last post was in August until recently (during the voting). If it won, it would be like Raffy winning the Gold Glove for first base when he hardly played there all year: a joke.

If I put everything I wrote on this message board and in my other content in my blog section I'd have 20 entries a day. This vote is for the entire site of work.

To each is own, but all I can say is....

010haters-thumb-400x266.jpg

Here's a novel idea then, Captain Obvious: DON'T VOTE FOR US. See how easy that was? :rolleyes:

Since reading both pages of this thread seems to be a little too much for you, allow me to recap: We were initially listed as "Orioles Hangout". For whatever reason, someone else in the competition complained that it wasn't fair for us to be nominated. They got someone from the Sun on their side, thus we were removed from the competition this afternoon. After talking with someone else from the Sun, they decided to add us back, but to list it as "Tony's Take (Orioles Hangout)".

Archived