60 man roster & taxi squad

bpilktree

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Wondering what Adrian Sanchez did to the Nationals to be the only 40-man guy not invited

Kinda wondering what he did to be on the 40-man roster in the first place. He will be 30 in August, would rather have Urena, Herrera and Valaika, none of whom are on the Orioles 40-man roster.

23 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Doesn't look much different than what you would expect from a typical 40 man roster. Not enough guys to do intrasquad unless there are more names coming. No Mountcastle or Rutschman. No Akin, Lowther, Bauman, or Kremer. 

41 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

They left open a bunch of spots though as that is only 45 by my count.  I am guessing rest will be prospects or couple of claims.

19 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

That’s massively disappointing. Do we know the service rules yet this year? If they are changed there is no reason why we shouldn’t see younger guys this year 

Probably waiting on word about the Fall League and when it starts/the roster stuff for it.

1 hour ago, weams said:

There are a lot of guys missing that I would expect to see here. I am glad Holaday It’s on the list, he was one of my early choices to make the final roster, but where are McCoys and Williams? Is Smith really going to be in the outfield again? Really? And so on I must not be understanding something here.

26 minutes ago, Philip said:

There are a lot of guys missing that I would expect to see here. I am glad Holaday It’s on the list, he was one of my early choices to make the final roster, but where are McCoys and Williams? Is Smith really going to be in the outfield again? Really? And so on I must not be understanding something here.

It has a note saying more to come. And as others have mentioned, there's at least 15 additional spots to get to 60

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

It looks like most teams have released most their 60 man.  I like our strategy leaving open so we can surprise everyone with guys from Middle East Russia and Europe we have hidden for our playoff run.

Sounds like someone dusted off their copy of The Comrades Of Summer.

I updated the spring training post at the top of the board to reflect the current composition of "camp" (the 44 players named to the 2020 60 man player pool today).

Here is a summary of how that 44 man list differs from the state of the spring training roster in Sarasota when camp was halted in March:

Trey Mancini has been placed on the 60 day DL so he no longer counts against the 40 man roster and is not in the 60 man player pool.

So far the Orioles have announced 44 players who are in the 2020 60 man player pool.  So 16 more players can be added.

Currently there are 38 players on the 40 man roster.   31 of them are in the 60 man player pool.   6 who are not are guys who were optioned to the minors and sent to minor league camp before camp was suspended in March:  Keegan Akin, Dean Kremer, Ryan McKenna, Ryan Mountcastle, Cedric Mullins, Ramon Urias.  The other 40 man roster player who is not on the 60 man list is Evan Phillips, who was still officially in camp with the O's in March when spring training was halted, but had not pitched due to injury.   

Conversely, there is one player on the 40 man roster HAD been optioned to the minors and reassigned to minor league camp in March, but he is now back with the big league team on the 2020 player pool list issued today:  David Hess

There is one non-40-man-roster player who was never in camp with the the Orioles this spring, but IS on the 60 man player pool:  35 year old reliever Cesar Valdez.   Valdez spent all spring in minor league camp, though he did appear in 5 innings for the Orioles as a "loaner player".

The following players were non roster players who were still in camp with the Orioles when camp was halted, but as of yet they are NOT on the 60 man player pool:  Taylor Davis, Jose Rondon,  Richard Urena,.Yusniel Diaz, Mason Williams, Bruce Zimmerman 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1