Gary Williams Retiring

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Miller making at Arizona? I wonder what the buyout is.

It sounds like it will be an interesting few weeks.

One wonders if there will be any parallels to the football coach hire. Would it be possible for KA to take a pass on a more risky, less proven coach (Stevens, Miller) and make an offer to a more experienced coach who might be less of a recruiter, but more of an Xs and Os guy?

From InsideMDSports:

If that's true along with the other stuff we've been hearing/reading then I think the aforementioned debate regarding how good a job and program MD can be is looking like it has a winner. :)

I got you.

This is a great presser; we were definitely lucky to have Gary for 22 years.

The University really out did themselves here, just a classy event all the way around. Hats off to KA and all who put this together. It was pretty special when Holliday was talking about Gary and appeared to get a little choked up. A legend in his own right.

I can't help but wish that Friedgen got a similar exit, it's ashame.

The University really out did themselves here, just a classy event all the way around. Hats off to KA and all who put this together.

I can't help but wish that Friedgen got a similar exit, it's ashame.

Really agree. Gary got choked up a handful of times, you can tell it was an emotional and special time for him. Really was an excellent presser.

Did Miller have any highly touted recruits headed to Arizona next year that he could bring with him? Or transfers even?

BTW, I agree that was a great press conference.

As much as I would be thrilled with Sean Miller as the next coach, I hope that we still do our due diligence with Stevens... If he wants to come, you take him. If not, you hire Miller immediately without blinking an eye. If our fallback option is friggen Jay Wright, then we're in an amazing position.

Archived