Britton sent down

BaltBound

Say goodbye to Britton. You might see him pitch in Baltimore one or two times more. But after that he’ll soon be bouncing around MLB teams and will never be the same. His confidence and self-assurance are now shot

This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

There's actually an ounce of truth in it: How will Britton react to it? Will it focus him? Going from RoY candidate to AA in a month is humbling. I think it may actually end up being a blessing in disguise for him. Just a reminder that he hasn't made it yet.

There's actually an ounce of truth in it: How will Britton react to it? Will it focus him? Going from RoY candidate to AA in a month is humbling. I think it may actually end up being a blessing in disguise for him. Just a reminder that he hasn't made it yet.

Plus Britton should have expected this eventually. With the service time issues. Now's as good a time as any.

AA? He didn't get sent sent to AA instead of AAA as an insult. He got sent there to work with their pitching coach, with whom he is familiar, rather then Norfolk's pitching coach.

AA? He didn't get sent sent to AA instead of AAA as an insult. He got sent there to work with their pitching coach, with whom he is familiar, rather then Norfolk's pitching coach.

I imagine because they aren't planning on keeping him in the minors long and it's logistically easier just to let him get a couple starts in Bowie.

I imagine because they aren't planning on keeping him in the minors long and it's logistically easier just to let him get a couple starts in Bowie.

I think since he's down you might as well do the 20 days or whatever it is. It's not like he's pitching well or we're playing well.

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2011/07/09/oriolesred-sox-lineups-and-pregame-tidbits-6/

The move to Bowie is because the Orioles would prefer to keep him close by and work with Kennie Steenstra, who worked extensively with Britton throughout the Minors.

Say goodbye to Britton. You might see him pitch in Baltimore one or two times more. But after that he’ll soon be bouncing around MLB teams and will never be the same. His confidence and self-assurance are now shot

Me thinks Billy banged his head on something. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that's what they're saying b/c it's not like they're going to say we're sending him down b/c it's a convenient time to get that extra year. If they don't get the service time straightened out, it will be a big mistake, IMO.

Oh I know that, I said that earlier in the thread. My quote there was why he was sent to Bowie instead of Norfolk

If they keep him down long enough to procure the extra year then yes, some old threads should be revisited. :mwahaha:

The stink that was made at the time he was called up was so overreactionary. The O's were always going to find a way to get that extra year from Britton. The only way we weren't going to get the extra year was if he was pitching well and we were contending. The odds of both of those things happening were extremely slim.

The stink that was made at the time he was called up was so overreactionary. The O's were always going to find a way to get that extra year from Britton. The only way we weren't going to get the extra year was if he was pitching well and we were contending. The odds of both of those things happening were extremely slim.

Now super-2 is another issue entirely. Hopefully Britton doesn't give them an excuse to cause him to miss super-2.

Archived