vs. YANKEES 9/09

OFFNY

Losing Nick is no small thing. He solidified the top of the order for us. McLouth wasn't yet up for us when Nick was moved there so I have no doubt he will be a better solution than others that were tried there previously and his speed is a big boost on the base paths. However, Nick's bat and on base skills can't be replaced. I'm uneasy about this going forward. Hopeful but very uneasy.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've made a bunch of horrible (Chamberlain, Wade) and mediocre (Logan) relievers look masterful.

Feels like a futile bottom of the 9th instead of the 8th. Hasn't felt like this since the middle of the season.

Calm down it's one game. Those guys pitched mostly ahead in the count which changes everything. Joba got a little lucky but the others threw well.

Hunter hit 98 his last time out. Uh, closer stuff anyone? Before you laugh it off, closers typically are two pitch pitchers. Hunter has two effective pitches. Or at least set up guy, he's never had any problems with command.

He could be solid here, no question.

Hunter hit 98 his last time out. Uh, closer stuff anyone? Before you laugh it off, closers typically are two pitch pitchers. Hunter has two effective pitches. Or at least set up guy, he's never had any problems with command.

Wait til he gives up a HR, I'll deny all of this.....

Archived