Jurrjens Silence is Deafening (Deal in doubt?)

BillySmith

There are a ton of tech-smart, bored 20-year-old guys on this forum. Somebody needs to write an app that lets you drag-and-drop a photo, and it spits out a printable fake playoff ticket with the O's logo and the picture on it, maybe even a little caption that says "Game 1 starter". We need to automate the Print the Playoff Tickets for Every Waiver Wire Acquistion meme.

Tell me that wouldn't spawn a 87-page thread of glory.

Last year when the Orioles signed Antonelli, I emailed a buddy of mine saying to print the playoff tickets.

When the Orioles made the playoffs, he emailed me back the ticketmaster link where you could print playoff tickets from home if you bought them. He went into detail into how I could print the playoff tickets myself and how I needed to register with ticketmaster first.

The joke was on me.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We haven't spent any money on Jurjjens yet.

Yep I understand that... just suggesting that 1.5 million would have got us 25% of the salary of a 1B who has a career 162 game average of 37 HRs and .807 OPS. To me that would have been better than a broken down pitcher.

You seldom out smart the Atlanta Braves. They know how to evaluate pitching.

Don't think Saunders or Reynolds would have signed for 1.5 million.

Saunders will be remembered now in O's lore as the man who won the 1st playoff game in 15 years. Reynolds was always a gamer and great guy to have in your clubhouse. That said, they both needed to go: one was not the direction you take when trying to build a staff of young arms and the other was a major strtikeout liability with the occasional solo blast. But always fond memories of 2012.

Yep I understand that... just suggesting that 1.5 million would have got us 25% of the salary of a 1B who has a career 162 game average of 37 HRs and .807 OPS. To me that would have been better than a broken down pitcher.

You seldom out smart the Atlanta Braves. They know how to evaluate pitching.

yeah and if we reanimate Ted Williams I bet he'd sign for $6 million too, and his career averages are even better than Reynolds'!

Archived