vs. TWINS, 5/10

OFFNY

WOW!! Was watching the game in a Starbucks in Ventura California after fishing on Lake Casitas and thought this was over headed home on the 101 and come home to see it tied in top of the 9th. What a finish, and even better my last cast netted me a about a 5lb Largemouth before I took off to watch the game. What a game, more than makes up for the blown lead games. So many hits, NO HR's great relief. I had an incredible day! Going to rewatch it on MLBTV again from the 6th on. Twins announcers just stunned. Glad I was wrong, pile on if you want. Maybe best comeback win since the Red Sox game a few years back.

Way to be positive! Here's another one - since you were wrong this time, you've got about 99,999 games to go before you're wrong again.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW!! Was watching the game in a Starbucks in Ventura California after fishing on Lake Casitas and thought this was over headed home on the 101 and come home to see it tied in top of the 9th. What a finish, and even better my last cast netted me a about a 5lb Largemouth before I took off to watch the game. What a game, more than makes up for the blown lead games. So many hits, NO HR's great relief. I had an incredible day! Going to rewatch it on MLBTV again from the 6th on. Twins announcers just stunned. Glad I was wrong, pile on if you want. Maybe best comeback win since the Red Sox game a few years back.

Nice win ! The Orioles are looking pretty impressive.

That's 9 consecutive scoreless outings for Tommy Hunter.

TOMMY HUNTER

IP:. 2.33 O(WIN) *

H:o 0

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 3

Pitches: 36 (21 Strikes, 15 Balls)

2013 ERA: 1.47

* Hunter entered the game with a runner on 2nd base and two outs.

A true case where a reliever deserves the W!

Another great quote from Hammel. "That's a pretty big hook I spit out tonight."

I know he's struggling, and I honestly doubt he's as good as he looked last year, but as someone said earlier in the game thread, Hammel is a fighter, and I think in the end he's going to be solid (if likely unspectacular) for us. I'll take that - and he's likable, smart, and quotable to boot.

Archived