Arrieta up to take Gausman's spot

Aglets

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, he's probably the best option and I was kind of thinking they'd go that way. They're going to want someone who can go some innings in case Tillman gets knocked out early or heaven forbid we go to extras again. Arrieta may not give good innings, but at least he's stretched out more than a guy like Rauch.

It'll be huge for both teams to have their starters go at least 7 tonight. I'm a bit surprised - but not disappointed that Arrieta got the nod rather than Britton - though I'm guessing Britton's time in Baltimore will be coming soon.

Honestly, he's probably the best option and I was kind of thinking they'd go that way. They're going to want someone who can go some innings in case Tillman gets knocked out early or heaven forbid we go to extras again. Arrieta may not give good innings, but at least he's stretched out more than a guy like Rauch.

Exactly. If we had a better option than Arrieta in AAA, then Strop would already be gone.

Remember last year when we gave Neshek away because we couldn't use him.

It'll be huge for both teams to have their starters go at least 7 tonight. I'm a bit surprised - but not disappointed that Arrieta got the nod rather than Britton - though I'm guessing Britton's time in Baltimore will be coming soon.

Britton would be on short rest tonight.

This does make me wonder what they do with Rauch. Are they going to let him walk, or swap him with Strop.

I think when they bring Britton up, it will be for a spot in the rotation. Arrieta...that rotation ship may have sailed.

More than likely he won't get into the game. I would think that most of the relievers used last night are available. Maybe not Matusz and I'm sure they'd want to stay away from Hunter if possible.

O'Day threw 26 pitches. If he's available, it's probably only for a batter or 2.

Tonight is gonna be Strop and Patton until JJ (if necessary)

Archived