Gausman Up, Garcia Not Listed On Board

Can_of_corn

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is that Chen will make two rehab starts, one on Friday and one next Wednesday. So, Gausman probably makes two starts, then gets sent back to AAA.

If Chen looks good in the first one I would consider piggybacking him in the majors instead of a second start.

My guess is that Chen will make two rehab starts, one on Friday and one next Wednesday. So, Gausman probably makes two starts, then gets sent back to AAA.

Sounds like Gausman is up to support the bullpen though. Probably tonight.

MASNSteve writes.

"They told me probably (work) out of the pen," Gausman said. "You know, relieving and stuff just because yesterday kind of taxed the bullpen a lit bit. Just like the day I left. That makes sense I guess.

"I left on a good note. I had a good meeting with Buck (Showalter) and Rick (Adair) when I left. They told me (then) they needed an arm and 'you have some things you need to work on.' I didn't leave with a bad taste or anything like that," Gausman said.

He said he worked on some mechanical stuff in bullpen sessions in his short time in Norfolk.

"It will be a little different (out of the bullpen), but at the same time, that is what I did in spring training pretty much," Gausman said. "Kind of got into a routine in spring of how many pitches it took me to get ready. I tried to learn that in spring."

Gausman, who had strong outings in two of his last three O's starts against Boston and Detroit, made a start last Tuesday for Norfolk. He gave up 10 hits and seven runs over six innings.

"I had good stuff. I did some stuff that I was working on," Gasuman said of his outing with the Tides. "I moved to the third base side of the rubber to just check it out for one inning. Did some things that I was trying to work on."

First of all, I would like to thank Freddy Garcia for giving us some pretty good starts and holding the place until Chen came back, but the

time has come. Freddy may end up in the pen or be released, but ultimately he is too unpredictable to be even a # 5 starter.

Some will say Gausman doesnt belong either, that his inability to keep the ball down or his lack of diversity of pitches will also blow up

in the Oriole's faces.

I say this:

I would rather have Gausman pitch for the Orioles in ANY capacity than have Freddy Garcia take the ball again.

I believe Gausman has more upside and always have believed that.

I would hope that he gets a chance to start, but if Britton can pitch reasonably well Gausman can slowly get his innings and learn to

pitch at a major league level while helping this ball club.

Gausman is the future. Garcia is the past. Strop needs to be released or traded even for a minimum yield.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Wada not ready as an option for Friday. Gausman is a candidate.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">June 24, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There may be a trade in the works. I don't see Kevin starting. DD must have

something up his sleeve.

Ishikawa. Arrieta. Strop. Casilla. Those are the folks that could be traded. What do you get back for them?

Ishikawa. Arrieta. Strop. Casilla. Those are the folks that could be traded. What do you get back for them?

The only pitcher that's been mentioned that you might be able to get with the Strop + Arrieta deal would be Feldman. That would be a big chance for Chicago to take, though, as both would need to be on their 40-man.

Archived