Same old Os offseason... sigh

MemorialStadKid

Well, that's about the way things go.

McCann to the Yanks. Peralta to the STL.

Tigers-Rangers make a blockbuster trade that enhances both teams.

Meanwhile the Orioles are doing... what?

Speculating about trades but not making one. Outright refusing to sign anyone other than inventory/depth that might not help us at all. Still sitting on the stump watching other teams improve.

For all the newbies here, don't get upset, this is how it always goes.

Always.

MSK

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speculating about trades but not making one. Outright refusing to sign anyone other than inventory/depth that might not help us at all. Still sitting on the stump watching other teams improve.

Always.

MSK

I mean it is only November, so this could of waited. But I agree I don't think anything happens.

Ok lets see, where do I begin.

McCann to NY- bodes well for us for the Wieters negotiations. Check

Peralta to Cards- A Biogenesis guy won't be coming to Baltimore to play out of position. Check

Tigers traded Fielder to Texas for an aging second baseman for an overweight power hitting first baseman. I will stick with our 50 HR Crush machine that mans first base for the Orioles. Check

Bourjos for Freese- The O's already have a solid outfield in AJ, Nicky, and hopefully bring back McClouth and hopefully spelled by Urruita who tore it up in the AZ Fall league. Freese is injury prone. Check

Anything else?

Yes. Every off-season when other teams make moves someone makes the declaration that the Orioles will do nothing.

Why do people get their hopes up instead of just letting it play out? There isn't any disappointment when you pay attention to the actions of the front office. They will be shedding payroll, not adding it.

Ok lets see, where do I begin.

McCann to NY- bolds well for us for the Wieters negotiations. Check

Peralta to Cards- A Biogenesis guy won't be coming to Baltimore to play out of position. Check

Tigers traded Fielder to Texas for an aging second baseman for an overweight power hitting first baseman. I will stick with out 50 HR Crush machine that mans first base for the Orioles. Check

Bourjos for Freese- The O's already have a solid outfield in AJ, Nicky, and hopefully bring back McClouth and hopefully spelled by Urruita who tore it up in the AZ Fall league. Freese is injury prone. Check

Anything else?

I am right with you here.

Always.

MSK

And you're really surprised by this?

Long ago, I stopped complaining about the offseasons. I figured that as long as Angelos was at the helm, nothing huge would happen in the offseason and I've been right with a few exceptions if you want to count the Bedard/Tejada trades (which I do).

Other than that, it's been largely poop. The way I see it, we've kind of lucked into a good situation here, some things finally started to go our way and we've been a winner for two years in a row now.

Still doesn't mean we're going to have a truly awesome offseason anytime soon. No big moves, no game changers...it'll be a snorefest the entire way through.

Is anyone surprised? Did anyone actually think that things would be different this offseason? It's certainly far from over but it already has that familiar feeling of many Orioles offseasons, doesn't it?

No use in complaining, no use in starting threads about it. Watch some football, buy your loved ones some nice presents, ***** about the cold eat some turkey and ignore whatever the hell the Orioles are doing, it's not worth your time.

Most knew they were taking a gamble with Reyes and Johnson. Dickey was solid. Burhle is what he is. Injuries killed the Jays. Not spending money. Atleast their ownership was willing to go for it.

That's kind of my point, though. They were the big PR winners because everyone could give them credit for being "willing to go for it," even though -- as you point out -- there were a variety of question marks surrounding their entire haul.

Archived