Orioles have signed outfielder Francisco Peguero

Justinlstn

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure he does. Especially in comparison to Pearce. Will he who knows, but he has all the tools. BTW AJ is a hacker too.

Pearce isn't a starting outfielder either, unless we are talking the Independent League. So, that doesn't make Peguero much and certainly doesn't ake him a starting OF. Especially not for a "contending team", although he could start for us. :laughlol:

Yes AJ is a hacker and it hurts his numbers and the O's, on occasion.

To me Pearce is the kind of guy that every organization should have a few of lying around, but he's not valuable enough to care whether or not he gets cut. The Orioles have cut him before and he's come back.

As have the Yankees, twice now. Steve batted cleanup for the Skanks for a while in 2012, against us even. He's "one of those" guys anyone can get picked up. He's in the pool. He's good to have but nothing to lose.

Well that would depend on the rest of the offense now wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

You're so predictable CoC ;). I knew you would bring that up haha. The truth is I value RBIs just as little as you do. I was just too lazy to throw in an advanced metric in place of it. :) I as even too lazy to use OPS. It's been a long day.

Is Peguero going to hit 30 homers and drive in 100 runs?
Is Pearce? I don't follow. I am saying that Pearce is a AAAA player and Peguero's upside is a starting OF. You don't have to hit 30 HR and 100 RBI to be a starting OF. Ave. AL LF last season was .256 .318 .406 .724 18 HR 70 RBI. I think Peguero could do that.

Is Pearce? I don't follow. I am saying that Pearce is a AAAA player and Peguero's upside is a starting OF. You don't have to hit 30 HR and 100 RBI to be a starting OF. Ave. AL LF last season was .256 .318 .406 .724 18 HR 70 RBI. I think Peguero could do that.

I agree with all that, I just didn't like your AJ reference. Just being a little picky. :)

I think Steve Pearce is much more likely to do that in 2014 than Francisco Peguero.

Francisco Peguero had a .762 OPS in 2013. In AAA. In the PCL. At age 25. Adam Jones had a .967 OPS in the PCL at age 21.

Peguero is just another tools player who doesn't know the strike zone. If he learns the strike zone he could have a major league career. Odds are he won't.

I don't mind that they signed him; he was cheap and he has some upside. But Pearce offers a lot more to the Orioles in 2014. Peguero should go to Norfolk and work on his approach at the plate.

I think Steve Pearce is much more likely to do that in 2014 than Francisco Peguero.

Francisco Peguero had a .762 OPS in 2013. In AAA. In the PCL. At age 25. Adam Jones had a .967 OPS in the PCL at age 21.

Peguero is just another tools player who doesn't know the strike zone. If he learns the strike zone he could have a major league career. Odds are he won't.

I don't mind that they signed him; he was cheap and he has some upside. But Pearce offers a lot more to the Orioles in 2014. Peguero should go to Norfolk and work on his approach at the plate.

Peguero is more comparable to Xavier Avery than to Adam Jones. He and Pearce have completely different skill sets. They both could earn a spot.

Peguero is more comparable to Xavier Avery than to Adam Jones. He and Pearce have completely different skill sets. They both could earn a spot.
Exactly. Peguero is a 4th OF with the upside of a staring OF or a platoon. Pearce is not a 4th OF he doesn't have the speed and base running. He's a platoon corner OF/1B/DH. Pearce needs to beat out Young. Reimold, and Almanzar.

Archived