Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of teams out there can use a guy with plus power and speed who doesn't mind taking a pitch and will be under team control next year. 1/2 a mill is a drop in the bucket to find out if he can help. Beats giving up a player.

So what's everyone think the odds are Nolan passes thru waivers?

I'll guess 3-1 he makes it.

There are 11 teams that have a sub-.700 OPS in LF, and 13 teams with a sub-.700 OPS in RF. Some are sub-.700 in both corners. Therefore, I think someone will take a flyer on Nolan.

I think someone claims him.

He's old but that is still a tempting skill set.

I agree and think it's a given someone takes a flyer on him. There are a lot of teams out there that could use some help in the outfield. He has good speed, good power, and can put the ball in play. Even at 60%, he's better than a lot of major leaguers at 100%.

I have a hunch he'll be a star for someone else a year from now.

I agree and think it's a given someone takes a flyer on him. There are a lot of teams out there that could use some help in the outfield. He has good speed, good power, and can put the ball in play. Even at 60%, he's better than a lot of major leaguers at 100%.

I have a hunch he'll be a star for someone else a year from now.

A star is a bit of a reach for sure. Serviceable fourth outfielder is more realistic IMO.

I got a feeling the Jays claim him. They tried with Pearce and something tells me they'll try with Nolan.

He won't be around long enough for the Blue Jays to claim him. I don't see him getting past the Red Sox, if someone doesn't claim him before them.

I think DD trades Reimold so he can direct where he goes. Probably gets a minor leaguer back.

He has been DFA'd but he may not be waived for another week. Plenty of time to see what Dan can get for him.

Seven days of limbo.

Archived