Don't Look Now but Joseph Might be a Better a Catcher for the Orioles...

itscbm5042

That fact certainly calls into question whether we'd pay a huge amount to keep him when we seem to be able to compete without him.

I think he's definitely with the team next year. After that, no way. Orioles won't extend him, rightfully so.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are no reports of him ever throwing this well before.

*I don't want to give the idea that I am anything but pleased for him and with his performance thus far.*

Maybe not, but I'm guessing you probably have two eyes. I have one. He's pretty quick.

I guess you haven't noticed how awful catchers in the American League have been this season. Wieters has value.

I doubt he'd bring much back of significance at this point either. Our maximum value is probably keeping him, hoping he has a good year next year and sticking the QO on him at the end of the year.

There are no reports of him ever throwing this well before.

*I don't want to give the idea that I am anything but pleased for him and with his performance thus far.*

Roch said on 105.7 this morning. A while back somebody asked in the organization, why Caleb was jumping around so much, they said, he had a good bat, but his catcher skills was suspect.

The Oriole official, who Roch declined to name, said, this is a development league, so lets get him back behind the plate and develop him.

I'm telling you, Joseph has a good plate approach and some pop. His minor league numbers are not comparable to Wieters but I think he can do better than his May/June splits.

So far his progression in OPS: May .251, June .674, July .696, August 1.429. By April of next year, I see him at about 3.500.

I would take .700 from our C with stellar defense and league minimum salary. CJ is quickly becoming one of my favorite O's.

Archived