Orioles have inquired about DBacks outfield depth

Greg

Os have lots of catchers an extra lefty reliever and an extra starter. If they really want one of the two they can get this done. Inciarte has more upside an fields well. Peralta doesn't field as well and cant hit lefties, but does have more power. It sounds like either one would fit the Os needs. One of them or Rasmus by next week. I'm not a patient man.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming the DBacks are looking for toward their future this year, I wonder if there would be a match for a major trade. Something like:

Paul Goldschmidt (signed through 2018 for about $30 million with $14.5 option)

Ender Inciarte

for

Dylan Bundy

Hunter Harvey

Michael Ohlman

Chris Davis

This makes the Orioles immediately better with one of the best 1B in the majors on a great contract, while snagging that LH outfielder. I'm sure the DBacks would want to contend before 2018 (when Goldy's contract is up), but this allows them to get a huge haul of pitching that could, in Bundy's case, be ready for significant contributions a year from now. Chris Davis would allow them to still have a significant power threat in the lineup while grabbing a draft pick next year from his QO.

This would put a huge dent into the Orioles prospect sheet, but Goldy is still young, and if the O's can keep one of Harvey/Bundy/Gausman while grabbing a game-changer like Goldschmidt, I think it'd be worth it.

Assuming the DBacks are looking for toward their future this year, I wonder if there would be a match for a major trade. Something like:

Ender Inciarte

for

Dylan Bundy

Hunter Harvey

Michael Ohlman

Chris Davis

This makes the Orioles immediately better with one of the best 1B in the majors on a great contract, while snagging that LH outfielder. I'm sure the DBacks would want to contend before 2018 (when Goldy's contract is up), but this allows them to get a huge haul of pitching that could, in Bundy's case, be ready for significant contributions a year from now. Chris Davis would allow them to still have a significant power threat in the lineup while grabbing a draft pick next year from his QO.

This would put a huge dent into the Orioles prospect sheet, but Goldy is still young, and if the O's can keep one of Harvey/Bundy/Gausman while grabbing a game-changer like Goldschmidt, I think it'd be worth it.

Hell no?

I doubt Arizona wants to move Goldy and frankly I am not moving my two best prospect and CD for him

Ender Inciarte 2014:

Reno - 120 PA, .312/.367/.440 (.807 OPS)

Arizona - 447 PA, .278/.318/.359 (.677 OPS)

He's just 23 years old. Is it reasonable to assume he can improve on his rookie numbers? Reno is a PCL team, that league averaged a .771 OPS (wow) so that's above average production without going into park effects. I think Inciarte could be a .290/.330/.380 type hitter, not great but not a hole in the lineup.

I would love to have either him or Peralta.

Personally I would prefer this route to Rasmus if the cost in terms of prospects is a reasonable one.

Ender Inciarte

for

Dylan Bundy

Hunter Harvey

Michael Ohlman

Chris Davis

I'd rather keep Bundy and Harvey and send them McFarland and Clevenger for Peralta.

Paul Goldschmidt was on his way to back-to-back 7 WAR seasons, is 27 years old, and under contract for about 4/$30 mil with a reasonable option. That would absolutely be worth giving up 2 top 50 prospects for. Even if your "Top 10 Prospects List" is decimated, your ML team just got younger and more cost-controlled while adding a proven elite talent.

Paul Goldschmidt was on his way to back-to-back 7 WAR seasons, is 27 years old, and under contract for about 4/$30 mil with a reasonable option. That would absolutely be worth giving up 2 top 50 prospects for. Even if your "Top 10 Prospects List" is decimated, your ML team just got younger and more cost-controlled while adding a proven elite talent.

You have seen where the O's will be losing a number of players to free agency in the near term? Your plan looks to me like going all-in on 2015.

You have seen where the O's will be losing a number of players to free agency in the near term? Your plan looks to me like going all-in on 2015.

I think this gives you plenty of flexibility for the future. Goldschmidt costs very little in terms of his production, and again is under control for quite a chunk of time. This allows you to spend in other areas. This leaves a gap in the Orioles internal starting pitching timeline, but who knows how long it will take Harvey to make a solid contribution to the ML team, anyway? Like it was said, "If you want good pieces back, you need to give up good pieces in return."

No way the D-backs give up their best player signed through 2018. No way the O's change their strategy of building around their top prospects. Makes no sense from either side. Sorry, we are not getting Goldschmidt. Davis is back on Adderall. He has a higher chance of hitting 60 HR than the O's getting Goldschmidt.

Diamondbacks general manager Dave Stewart said Tuesday that he will not make an addition at catcher.

The D-Backs have been mentioned as possibilities for Dioner Navarro of the Blue Jays and Welington Castillo of the Cubs, but barring a change of heart, they are likely to go into the season with a weak combo of Tuffy Gosewisch and Rule 5 pick Oscar Hernandez. Stewart says his stance is based on the development of prospect Peter O'Brien, who was acquired from the Yankees in the Martin Prado deal last year. "I've decided that I'm not going to pursue another catcher," said Stewart. "I talked with my people and my coaching staff. They believe that O'Brien is going to be around sooner than later. If that does happen, there's no need to go out and get another guy." Stewart is expressing a lot of faith in O'Brien, who needs to make improvements behind the plate.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/mlb/baseball-player-news/?rw=1

Barring a trade or the signing of someone like Rasmus, I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in RF because of his arm and his bat, and Pearce at 1B because he has proven he can play the position more than adequately.

I don't think the Orioles are enamored of having DeAza starting in LF. I think Lough gets the first shot and will platoon with a RH hitting "player-to-be-named".....possibly Dariel Alvarez.

ST is definitely going to be interesting this year.

Barring a trade or the signing of someone like Rasmus, I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in RF because of his arm and his bat, and Pearce at 1B because he has proven he can play the position more than adequately.

I don't think the Orioles are enamored of having DeAza starting in LF. I think Lough gets the first shot and will platoon with a RH hitting "player-to-be-named".....possibly Dariel Alvarez.

ST is definitely going to be interesting this year.

Belated Happy Birthday. Those extra six inches of reach make a difference on the first base stretch.

Ender Inciarte

for

Dylan Bundy

Hunter Harvey

Michael Ohlman

Chris Davis

I do not think this Goldschmit character is available.

Switch Ohlman with Sisco and Davis with Walker and you likely have a deal but no farm system to speak of.

This just doesn't make any sense. Then why did the O's acquire De Aza when they already had Lough last year? Why did they play De Aza over Lough in LF during September and the playoffs? Why did they tender De Aza a contract when they knew it would cost them 6M or so when they could just put Lough, making 500K, in there?

Now there you go......asking all the hard questions.

Archived