Lowered Expectations

Shabadoo25

Without Nelson Cruz last year, we win ~91 games. Unless the guy who replaced him in right won a game or two with defense. And maybe with offense also. Then we would have won ~95 games. We would have probably still defeated the Tigers.

That's too dogmatic, re. WAR, for my taste. Cruz was much more of a difference maker in the real games.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's too dogmatic, re. WAR, for my taste. Cruz was much more of a difference maker in the real games.

What about the three months that he struck out three times a night? What about that time. Sure. Give me April, May and September. Fantastic. The other months, he was Schoop. And that was his BEST year.

Would loved to have had Cruz back -- but not for 4/$58 mm.

I liked the idea of him accepting our Qualifying Offer. And then giving it to him again next year.

I probably would have signed Cruz if I were the Orioles GM. As my favorite mistake. Because I would have paid with my job for it I fear.

I liked the idea of him accepting our Qualifying Offer. And then giving it to him again next year.

I probably would have signed Cruz if I were the Orioles GM. As my favorite mistake. Because I would have paid with my job for it I fear.

Where would you have cut the 15 million?

Where would you have cut the 15 million?

Well, the Orioles made the QO, so I think it is safe to say they were prepared to pay it. A bit would probably have been saved by not resigning Delmaon, had Cruz accepted the QO, and I'd guess signings like the E. Cabrera one would have been less likely to occur. I don't really think that Cruz accepting the QO would have presented a massive payroll problem.

Solid pitching, solid defense, solid offense. There is not reason for lowered expectations IMO.

That solid offense has not been in evdence so far this spring... Granted, it's still early, but I'll admit to being a bit nervous about it...

That solid offense has not been in evdence so far this spring... Granted, it's still early, but I'll admit to being a bit nervous about it...

I'm on the same boat. I think we're lacking a bit of power on offense but, as you said, it's still early.

I give it another week and a half before I am worried about it. That said it would be nice if they started hitting

Archived