82 - Sean Gallagher

88 - Scott Elbert

12. MATT WIETERS

67. CHRIS TILLMAN

69. RADHAMES LIZ

78. TROY PATTON

91. NOLAN REIMOLD

Heres the list....

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/rankings/top-100-prospects/2008/265660.html

Enjoy the discussion gentlemen.....

That's what I like to see. Five of the top 100. I think Tillman will be much higher once this season is over. Also good to see Reimold on there.

Where are all of these great untouchables that the Cubs fans say they have. I saw Soto on there and then - 82 SEAN GALLAGHER and 75 TYLER COLVIN. Where are the great Veal, Ceda, etc.

I'm still disappointed that Rowell isn't in the top 100. That just seems reactionary and shortsighted to me.

I think that's the nature of these kinds of lists. They aren't going to burn a spot on a guy who is 3 levels away from playing in the majors and who didn't wow everyone in low A, no matter how young he was for that level.

I'll go back to the claim by Davearm that the Cubs offers have been superior to what was received by Atlanta for Renteria.

Jurrjens is just inside the top 50 and Hernandez sits at 92. IMO, and I think it's rather obvious, the Cubs offers are not as good. Even Colvin/Gallagher, two guys hanging around 80, would appear to be an inferior offer.

And, as I noted previously, I've seen at least one report saying that the Braves settled for less than value in Renteria.

Archived