The secret of Zach Britton's unique dominance

xian4

12 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Hernandez also had no place on the MLB roster. I could see them getting a blocked prospect for Britton but they're not going to get a multi prospect deal like they could have last year or the year before that. 

He still has a top 100 prospect that was worth moving for a left handed that was having a bad year.  There are plenty of blocked prospects I woul$ love to get.   Guys in the lower third of top 100 like Chavis in Boston,  Walker atColorado, Diaz in L.A. 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Just so you know, if you don't already. Duquette had a pretty good haul of prospects for Britton last year.The deal was vetoed by Angelos.

I know.  Pete is, and always has been, the problem.  It doesn't look like change is coming.

o

3 OUTS: ) 3 Groundouts

ZACHARY GRANT BRITTON )))))))) (vs. PHILLIES, 7/04)

IP:ll1

H:llll ) l

R:lll  0

BB:ll0

SO:ll0

Pitches: l) 18  )(10 )Strikes, )8)Balls)

2018 ERA: l)  5.59   9.67 IP  (6ER) 

2018 WHIP: l)  1.552   )  9.67 IP  (15 H/BB) 

2018 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  l) .235  )l (8 for 34)  

PITCHES BY INNING  

18  ll(10 llStrikes, llllBalls)

o

Britton has looked much better in the last few outings.   What happen in the Atlanta appearance I have no idea but in his other 10 appearances he has given up 2 er 3 hits and 7 walks.  That is an ERA under 2 and whip under 1.  He makes another solid 5 appearances he will have decent trade value.  The fastball has up a notch today as well sitting 95-97.  

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Although the Yankee bullpen is one of the best, Heyman reports that they are interested in Brad Hand and Zach Britton.

The Indians are also said to have interest in him.  They seem to match up pretty well too.  They have Nolan Jones a power hitting 3 rd baseman I am very high on not sure they would move him in a deal though he is just outside top 100.  I also like Chang as a shortstop who is major league ready but blocked by Lindor.   He has the tools to play short or third.  

The Indians also blew a three run lead going to the 8th tonight so they could use another late inning reliever even ifMiller comes back.  They rank 29th in bullpen ERA this season they don’t sure that up they don’t have a chance in the post season.

Quotes from Zach on trade rumors - http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-schmuck-orioles-trade-deadline-20180710-story.html

“I think it will [be tough],’’ he said. “I’ve been here I think longer than anybody here. … 12 years now in the organization. That’s a long, long time, from an 18-year-old right out of high school to a 30-year-old with two kids and a family now. Yeah, a lot of life and things have been accomplished in this organization. It‘ll be bittersweet to leave. Whenever it comes down to that, then I’ll get a little bit more into it, but I’ve thought about it.”

Though he contributed a great deal to the recent success of the organization as he evolved into one of the best closers in the sport, he said he does feel he owes a debt of gratitude to the Orioles.

“To be drafted by them … to be able to stay here this long, I’m really grateful for that because it doesn’t happen that often that you get 12 years in an organization,’’ he said. “I’m definitely thankful for the opportunity. I’ve met a lot of people who obviously helped me get to this point. So I’ll always be grateful to the people in the organization and obviously the Angelos family, too.”

Archived