Some Free Agent Bats to Consider

ReclaimTheCrown

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The is nothing to replace CD if he goes. I would expect a signing of Pearce, Napoli or Jaso as the replacement there.

The great thing about needing OFs is there are a bunch out there.

If the Orioles make a splash I would expect it to be on Upton. They have shown prior interest. Gordon could also fit this bill.

Otherwise I would expect a signing of one or two of the following: fowler, zobrist, span, venable, parra or rasmus. Chris young if they go platoon.

I agree that Parra is a baseball player. I just don't think he's one that should receive a multi-year deal from the Orioles.

Concur. I only like Parra back on a very, very team friendly deal. Which I don't anticipate he, as a free agent coming off the best year of his career (cumulatively between Milwaukee and Baltimore), will sign.

At least he (obviously) wouldn't cost a pick...

The is nothing to replace CD if he goes. I would expect a signing of Pearce, Napoli or Jaso as the replacement there.

The great thing about needing OFs is there are a bunch out there.

If the Orioles make a splash I would expect it to be on Upton. They have shown prior interest. Gordon could also fit this bill.

Otherwise I would expect a signing of one or two of the following: fowler, zobrist, span, venable, parra or rasmus. Chris young if they go platoon.

:puke: Pearce, Napoli or Jaso:puke:

This is exactly the half hearted effort I am expecting. Which is why I don't understand why they don't just do a total rebuild. Keep Manny, Schoop, and Gausman and trade everyone else. At least the suffering should be short!

:puke: Pearce, Napoli or Jaso:puke:

This is exactly the half hearted effort I am expecting. Which is why I don't understand why they don't just do a total rebuild. Keep Manny, Schoop, and Gausman and trade everyone else. At least the suffering should be short!

The problem with doing this is Manny will be gone in three years. So he will be gone before we have the chance to be good again. Also, good luck getting Manny to sign to a long term during/after a total rebuild.

We could have made a number of trades on July 31 which would have gone a long way towards rebuilding our minor league system and/or adding near ready talent to the MLB club. But that ship has sailed, so we need to spend money on free agency and try to field a winner. That is the best option right now.

The problem with doing this is Manny will be gone in three years. So he will be gone before we have the chance to be good again. Also, good luck getting Manny to sign to a long term during/after a total rebuild.

We could have made a number of trades on July 31 which would have gone a long way towards rebuilding our minor league system and/or adding near ready talent to the MLB club. But that ship has sailed, so we need to spend money on free agency and try to field a winner. That is the best option right now.

Some would say after a 96 win season that you should do everything in your power to top that. But alas, we got Travis Snider and Everth Cabrera. Swinggg and a Duquette!

Then extend him first with a front end loaded deal.

Some understand budgets, some don't.

First, Duq kept some questionable contracts around that could freed up money.

Second, thats on the owner to authorize the increase in budget and on the GM to realize where the team is and sell the owner on it. It's not like Angels can't be sold on going to new levels, Gillick was able to do it.

First, Duq kept some questionable contracts around that could freed up money.

Second, thats on the owner to authorize the increase in budget and on the GM to realize where the team is and sell the owner on it. It's not like Angels can't be sold on going to new levels, Gillick was able to do it.

Gillick? If that was true why did he leave. I think it was the other way around He couldn't sell the owner on trading aging pricey players.

Archived