On the bright side...this team can hit the snot out of the ball

Frobby

I think the best part about this team is that, even if the team ends up being horrible (which is entirely possible with this rotation of debris), this is the type of team where we're virtually assured to beat the absolute piss out of the Yankees in at least one game. Like a real good 15-2 on a nice summer day where you listen to the entire game over the radio while you're working around the yard and grilling.

This is basically what I was talking about.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Davis absolutely needs to be dropped down in the order. You cannot have a black hole in the #4 spot for months on end. Until he starts to hit a little bit just drop him down to 7 or 8. This is getting painful to watch, and even more painful to our chances of winning this division.

Chris Davis absolutely needs to be dropped down in the order. You cannot have a black hole in the #4 spot for months on end. Until he starts to hit a little bit just drop him down to 7 or 8. This is getting painful to watch, and even more painful to our chances of winning this division.

Buck on Davis:

“Chris is always a game or two away from going into one of those streaks, and I’ve never seen a guy go on a streak not playing for two or three days. But he impacts our club every day. And I know it’s frustrating for him when he’s not able to get to that power and that run production that we know he’s capable of, and maybe (Sunday) will get him going.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/08/alvarez-davis-and-tonights-game-in-oakland.html

Trumbo has been just as bad. Alvarez is the only other guy I see hitting there. You aren't going to throw Hardy, Wieters or Schoop in there.

Buck on Davis:

“Chris is always a game or two away from going into one of those streaks, and I’ve never seen a guy go on a streak not playing for two or three days. But he impacts our club every day. And I know it’s frustrating for him when he’s not able to get to that power and that run production that we know he’s capable of, and maybe (Sunday) will get him going.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/08/alvarez-davis-and-tonights-game-in-oakland.html

Kim did OK after taking most of April off. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

o

(SEPTEMBER 26th)

The Orioles have scored 22 runs total in their last 9 games, for an average of 2.44 runs per game ........ all games played at offense-friendly Oriole Park.

Somehow, they have managed to go 4-5 in that stretch, with the Orioles' pitching and defense ceding 3.33 runs per game (30 overall) in that same span.

Let's get going, offense.

Archived