vs Cubs 7/16

NashLumber

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

I've been asking this question about once every week or so: How is it that McDowell is not held accountable for a large part of this epic failure by every one of the starters to come close to expectations?

I haven't seen an answer yet, other than the fact that McDowell is in his first year..

Because he has done the job before and not sucked.

Why should we assume that he suddenly doesn't know how to do his job?  How is that more likely?  Do you think guys that have been around as long as Miley, Ubaldo and Tillman would listen to him if he was spouting harmful information?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

my tickets for the rest of the season are up on StubHub for a fraction of their original price. I don't want anything to do with this team.

Actually if you could go to the August 19th game and pick up the 25th anniversary stadium for me that would really save me a drive. :disco:

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Who says he isn't being held accountable?

Mid-season firings rarely solve a problem.   If he is fired after this year, I would certainly consider that as being held accountable.   We have not been privy to any discussions between him and Buck or between him and the front office in terms of evaluating his job performance.   So the ONLY thing we know is that he hasn't been fired (yet).

To say there's no accountability taking place when the only evidence we would KNOW of accountability is the binary fired/not-fired fact... is a stretch.

By "held accountable," I meant statements in the national and local media to the effect that McDowell (or the Orioles pitching coaches generally) -- as opposed to the starters themselves -- have failed dismally. I am not in Baltimore and don't see the Sun regularly, but I do read (and see on TV) a lot of the national press and Baltimore bloggers. I don't think I've seen anything like that, except on this site, and here only recently. Maybe it's been out there and I just missed it or have forgotten it.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

By "held accountable," I meant statements in the national and local media to the effect that McDowell (or the Orioles pitching coaches generally) -- as opposed to the starters themselves -- have failed dismally. I am not in Baltimore and don't see the Sun regularly, but I do read (and see on TV) a lot of the national press and Baltimore bloggers. I don't think I've seen anything like that, except on this site, and here only recently. Maybe it's been out there and I just missed it or have forgotten it.

You think Buck is going to throw him under the bus? xD

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Glad Bordick called Chapman and the Yankees "laughable" in regards to his usage last year by Maddon. What a freaking crybaby. 

If the NYYs are so damned smart -- and you'd better believe they think they are 0- they would have figured that out and either wouldn't have signed him or would have lowered their expectations. (I like to watch Joe Girardi's postgame interviews when the NYYs lose, and nothing is ever his fault.)

The beer I got at the 7-11 has instructions. Apparently I was supposed to pour 3/4 of it into a glass, swirl the bottle to suspend the yeast at the bottom, then pour that into the glass. I just drank it from the bottle. Plus I almost was tempted to get a jalapeño popper while at the 7-11. I suspect those are not on the food pairing list.

Archived