Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Kim will be an All-Star next year and Cleavinger will be a shut down reliever.  Book it.  Duquette trading with McPhail is just not fair.

Kim is a free agent after this year.  He was gone, gone, gone.  No way he would re sign with us after being buried on the bench.  So if he does well next year, great for him, and it won't reflect poorly on this deal.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible trading Kim.  I'll be rooting for him to get consistent ABs and prove us wrong.  Not only did he endure the ST slump, but he worked his way to getting consistent ABs last year and posted our highest OBP by far.  And how do we reward him?  By trading for essentially the same player in Seth Smith, who has posted a lower OBP at the top of the lineup than Kim did last year.  Sure, Mancini deserves the playing time, no one will argue that, but Kim's performance last year deserved to have more playing time, even over Smith.  

Since I've used the #freekim hashtag before, at least he is finally free.  

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Kim will be an All-Star next year and Cleavinger will be a shut down reliever.  Book it.  Duquette trading with McPhail is just not fair.

Really? Kim hits for no power, has no speed, is a horrible defender, but has an okay batting eye when he can catch up to the fastball. Sounds like all star material. 

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Who leaves from the rotation or pen

Ubaldo should be the heavy favorite to be pulled from the rotation, but I think it's a three-man race, four if Bundy really can't go. Tillman made a strong case for his candidacy tonight. Finally, we have a role that our SPs are capable of competing for: getting dropped from the rotation.

This trade reminds me that I had hoped to see a Cleavinger- Clevenger battery some day, but I think Steve doomed that. 

1 minute ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

For those of you who thinks Dan is lazy, you can go ahead and eat crow. Buckle up baby! It is going to be a wild ride. Go Dan Go!

Yeah... he really made everyone eat crow with this trade. What a move he pulled off...

Archived