C.C. Sabathia?

Brion McClanahan

I know this might be a REAL long shot, but since the Os want a LHSP, do you think they would take a look at Sabathia? Not sure NY wants him back, nor if CC would go back considering how they treated him in the post season, though NY certainly looks like the leading contender in the AL right now and CC would want a ring.

He could be a Rick Sutcliffe kind of signing from the early 90s, a guy who could mentor Gausman and Bundy and maybe Harvey, not that he is the ideal character man, but he did show guile in going to get help for his addiction.

Maybe a two year contract with the second year as a player option?

I'd be happy to get CC and I think he fits the "veteran on a short term contract" and "lefty" interests expressed by DD...

But, I feel like we've had this thread like three times already this offseason. People are gonna come in and say:

"He already said he wants to stay in NY"

"The Yankees will resign him now that they missed out on Ohtani"

"He wouldn't pass an Os physical"

"He wants to play for a contender at this stage of his career"

"We'd have to overpay for him"

"Os won't get him."

...and they would most likely be right.

1 hour ago, SeaBird said:

Sabathia and the Yankees agreed to a 1 year contract for $10 million.  Just pending a physical.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/yankees-to-re-sign-cc-sabathia.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

The Yankees have just made one good move after another over the last two years.    I’m sure Sabathia could have gotten more money elsewhere, but now CC is seeing that this is a WS caliber team and he’s got a good shot at a ring by staying put.    It’s not like he needs the money.   

Archived