Lincecum

Moose Milligan

Anyone get the new SI with Lincecum on the cover?

I know the jury is still out on Rowell, but to hear Duq, in regret, say "We took a high school kid" when comparing him to Lincecum...ugh.

Aside from that, its a cool article, pick it up if you get a chance. Talks about how people think Lincecum won't break down despite his sleight frame while Prior can't stay on the field.

I've got to be honest. I wouldn't have taken Lincecum either. He looked like an injury waiting to happen to me. Kudos to the Giants for picking him.

I hear you, and understand the concerns because of his body and his delivery, but his stuff was unquestionably the best I've ever seen by a college pitcher and he had never had a sore arm. Not as a kid, not in high school, and not after being abused in college.

He's a freak of nature and like I said then, I would have taken him if he was available.

I hear you, and understand the concerns because of his body and his delivery, but his stuff was unquestionably the best I've ever seen by a college pitcher and he had never had a sore arm. Not as a kid, not in high school, and not after being abused in college.

He's a freak of nature and like I said then, I would have taken him if he was available.

Most of what I've seen out of Lincecum's delivery shows that he's very efficient, and gets the most out of his slight frame. He also has great hip, torso separation, some of the best I've ever seen. Like you say, he's a freak of nature.

Back then, I wanted Rowell and we picked Rowell. In retrospect, I would have definitely went Lincecum every time.

He says in the article he doesn't even ice his arm. No need to.

I can't say I'd blame you, the guy had a lot of red flags coming out of college. It seemed as if we were locked on Rowell regardless, if I'm remembering that draft correctly.

My recollection is that Clayton Kershaw was the guy or at least one of the guys the O's were locked in on.

Archived