Brandon Kline - RHP - 2018 #14 Prospect

Tony-OH

If he’s really sitting 96-98, then he merits this ranking. I was/am worried that he’s an older pitcher just compiling stats in a league that’s a step below where he should be. 

Good story. Glad to see he’s healthy. If we don’t let him throw his arm out trying to be a SP, he would’ve been in Baltimore 3 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If he’s really sitting 96-98, then he merits this ranking. I was/am worried that he’s an older pitcher just compiling stats in a league that’s a step below where he should be. 

Good story. Glad to see he’s healthy. If we don’t let him throw his arm out trying to be a SP, he would’ve been in Baltimore 3 years ago. 

He may be older, but due to the injuries, he's a guy who dominated a level where he probably would have been development wise if we take away the missed time due to injuries. The fastball needs to be more consistent movement wise, but his off speed deliveries really improved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's rare my Facebook feed has anything new for the Hangout, but FWIW I just saw a post saying the Tides beat writer reports there is handshaking going on at Kline's locker, so maybe he'll be dodging the raindrops between Norfolk and Baltimore tonight to be Mr. 26.

Can you imagine the juice for your first call-up, but having to get from Norfolk to Baltimore tonight?  Can you sleep and do it at dawn when the weather comes through?  Would a AAA guy have a driver for a trip like this?

14 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

It's rare my Facebook feed has anything new for the Hangout, but FWIW I just saw a post saying the Tides beat writer reports there is handshaking going on at Kline's locker, so maybe he'll be dodging the raindrops between Norfolk and Baltimore tonight to be Mr. 26.

Can you imagine the juice for your first call-up, but having to get from Norfolk to Baltimore tonight?  Can you sleep and do it at dawn when the weather comes through?  Would a AAA guy have a driver for a trip like this?

I’m sure they’d reimburse the Uber 

Seems a bit odd move you would think they want to get as many innings as possible from the pen with needing 18 innings Saturday night then 9 Sunday afternoon.  Thought they go to starter that can go multiple innings.  He hasn’t been good either in Norfolk.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Cleaning out his locker seems premature.    Put it this way, I wouldn’t be making a downpayment on a house in Baltimore just yet if I were him.  

From what Roch reported this morning it appears that Cobb will be added to the roster in the 2nd game and be the 26th man.  He will obviously stay on the roster after the game and someone else will be sent down.

Its unclear what is happening with Kline but he might be coming to Baltimore to be on the taxi  squad in case he is needed for th 2nd game. Barring injury to someone on the the O's roster it seems likely that Kline will return to Norfolk after today's games.

o

Kline hasnt been told whether or not  he will be the 26th man for Game 2, but thats the expectation. Another move will need to be made to activate Cobb. Kline found out about coming here at around 3:30 AM. He said that he had a solid cry for about 30 minutes ........ he is thinking about his long journey here, the fact that he grew up in Frederick.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/1119638403098787841

Kline said that he wanted to tell his wife in person, which he could do because of the rainout in Norfolk. he said that they both cried ........ he described himself as a bit of a softie.

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/1119638751209250816

o

• 2 months later...

Archived