Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

12 minutes ago, weams said:

We do know that rebuilds were different back then. Like Baseball. 

Houston Astros

American League

Houston Astros

American League

Houston Astros

National League

Houston Astros

National League

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, weams said:

We do know that rebuilds were different back then. Like Baseball. 

I don’t know if I’d say that.   1989 was a case of a lot of breaks going our way.    We had two poor years after that.   Bob Mikacki and Jeff Ballard were Cinderellas for a year.     A lot of guys had very good seasons that one time.    Stuff like that happens every year to some team.   Ask last year’s Twins, who won 85 games after winning 59 the year before, and this year they’re back to being bad.    

On 9/4/2018 at 2:51 PM, Can_of_corn said:

You can't force him to pitch in the winter league.

But we can gently suggest that it's for his own team's good, as it's for his own -- that he should become a top pitcher in the winter league. And if he refuses this fabulous offer, then he can spend next season riding the pine. I may be wrong, but I think he'd rather learn how to be a top pitcher than sit on the bench as spectator.

3 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

But we can gently suggest that it's for his own team's good, as it's for his own -- that he should become a top pitcher in the winter league. And if he refuses this fabulous offer, then he can spend next season riding the pine. I may be wrong, but I think he'd rather learn how to be a top pitcher than sit on the bench as spectator.

Since his chances of becoming a top pitcher are zero, I think he’d rather spend time at home and try to work on his hitting.  

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know if I’d say that.   1989 was a case of a lot of breaks going our way.    We had two poor years after that.   Bob Mikacki and Jeff Ballard were Cinderellas for a year.     A lot of guys had very good seasons that one time.    Stuff like that happens every year to some team.   Ask last year’s Twins, who won 85 games after winning 59 the year before, and this year they’re back to being bad.    

Craig Worthington's one good year.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Since his chances of becoming a top pitcher are zero, I think he’d rather spend time at home and try to work on his hitting.  

He could become a decent mop up man. And who knows? Maybe he could become a 2-way player like Shohei Ohtani. 

2 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

He could become a decent mop up man. And who knows? Maybe he could become a 2-way player like Shohei Ohtani. 

No, he couldn’t become a decent mop-up man.   I’m glad he threw two scoreless innings six years ago.