Aaron Brooks selected by O's off the waiver wire

wildcard

Bringing in more guys that can start and give us innings.  This seems to give me idea we will move Cashner or Bundy maybe both.   We didn’t have enough starters to fill the inning imo a few weeks ago without rushing guys like Akin.  Now we have some starters and length to fill out rotation for August and September.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Josh Lucas DFA'd

I’m curious about the new guy’s upside? He hasn’t any options, so he clogs the roster. What good things does he have?

We didn’t pick him up on a whim, (hopefully that reason walked out the door with last fall’s departures.) So what are his advantages?

41 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m curious about the new guy’s upside? He hasn’t any options, so he clogs the roster. What good things does he have?

We didn’t pick him up on a whim, (hopefully that reason walked out the door with last fall’s departures.) So what are his advantages?

He's shown a tendency to not walk many hitters. Career 2.7 BB9. My guess is he'll be in the rotation. . 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Starter/reliever from the A's.  He is out of options.   So the O's either keep him on the 25 man roster or  outright him to Norfolk.   He has been outrighted before so he has the right to refuse the assignment.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/brookaa01.shtml

Despite a poor major league record, he's been traded for pretty good players for some reason. Must have had potential!