Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

38 minutes ago, Philip said:

When we went through our top 30 recently I think we had 12 guys who are at 50 or better. The first 45 was in the early teens I think. Our systems a lot better.

Different grading systems and graders. The Padres system is better. Fangraphs is a little low on the Orioles system IMO, but regardless the Padres system is much deeper. It helps that they have 26 prospects (according to fangraphs) from their international signings. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Different grading systems and graders. The Padres system is better. Fangraphs is a little low on the Orioles system IMO, but regardless the Padres system is much deeper. It helps that they have 26 prospects (according to fangraphs) from their international signings. 

OK, I was a little bit unclear on that, if I understand you correctly you’re saying that how we determine our numbers is different than how they determine their numbers? I guess that makes sense, because the whole system is mostly subjective, but isn’t there an underlying set of parameters that can be quantified to establish a uniform ranking?

When I said that “our system is a lot better,” I should’ve qualified that and instead have said “our system is a lot improved” because I meant our system was better than it had been, rather than better than the Padres’

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

OK, I was a little bit unclear on that, if I understand you correctly you’re saying that how we determine our numbers is different than how they determine their numbers? I guess that makes sense, because the whole system is mostly subjective, but isn’t there an underlying set of parameters that can be quantified to establish a uniform ranking?

When I said that “our system is a lot better,” I should’ve qualified that and instead have said “our system is a lot improved” because I meant our system was better than it had been, rather than better than the Padres’

Yeah, but even teams have this problem within their own set of scouts who they've trained. Tougher graders, easy graders. One of the reasons teams are trying to replace subjective with objective where ever possible. But Fangraphs bakes the risk in more so than Tony does (he did the overall grades, although I did the tool grades for the players I wrote up), that's why there's are lower. His grades line up with how Baseball America grades IMO.

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, but even teams have this problem within their own set of scouts who they've trained. Tougher graders, easy graders. One of the reasons teams are trying to replace subjective with objective where ever possible. But Fangraphs bakes the risk in more so than Tony does (he did the overall grades, although I did the tool grades for the players I wrote up), that's why there's are lower. His grades line up with how Baseball America grades IMO.

I love the human element, I hope it never goes away. When it does we will have less of a sport and more of a an exercise in calculation. But answer me this if you don’t mind. When you and Toney disagreed would you disagree about whether a player should have a 35 or a 40 in particular area or a 40 or 45? Or perhaps a 40 or 55? How wide was the range of your disagreement and was it usually within one or two notches? 

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I love the human element, I hope it never goes away. When it does we will have less of a sport and more of a an exercise in calculation. But answer me this if you don’t mind. When you and Toney disagreed would you disagree about whether a player should have a 35 or a 40 in particular area or a 40 or 45? Or perhaps a 40 or 55? How wide was the range of your disagreement and was it usually within one or two notches? 

We really didn’t debate the grades as much as the order. I just used a single grade while Tony used the current/future/ceiling so it would have been apples to oranges.

I had

1-60

2-55s

4-50s

7-45s

6-40+s

6-40s

12-35+s

18-35s

• Upvote 1

Three package proposals from the Cubs per fansided

The first package we’ll explore is OF Ian Happ and pitching prospects Ryan Jensen and Cory Abbott for Dylan Bundy.

Im sure this is more than most are expecting for Bundy! I would be happy to take Happ to get Abbott and Jensen. I'm not sure how we get Jensen if he was the Cubs 2019 1st rounder in this deal.

According to MLB prospects list it would be their #7, #16 , and Happ

Brennen Davis, Kohl Franklin and Jack Patterson,

Thats #3 , 15, and #27 in their top 30. These guys all appear to be 2-3 years away

Schwarber & Norwood

Norwood is their #30

I would take either of the 1st 2 deals and flat out refuse #3

https://dawindycity.com/2019/11/27/cubs-rumors-3-trade-packages-dylan-bundy/2/

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Those aren't realistic packages. 

Agreed, Bundy isn’t worth Schwarber or Happ alone. #2 might be reasonable depending on how high on Davis one is. I haven’t seen him so I don’t really know, it would be feasible based on his midseason Fangraphs grade, but being a young guy who has tools and has really performed, I imagine his stock could have risen significantly since then.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Agreed, Bundy isn’t worth Schwarber or Happ alone. #2 might be reasonable depending on how high on Davis one is. I haven’t seen him so I don’t really know, it would be feasible based on his midseason Fangraphs grade, but being a young guy who has tools and has really performed, I imagine his stock could have risen significantly since then.

Yeah, I'd safely say Hoerner,Amaya,Davis and Marquez wouldn't be involved, but I wouldn't be shocked if any of the others were. I wonder if there would be any interest in Russell or Almora as part of a deal on the Orioles end.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

It doesn't matter .... The Orioles don't need Happ or Schwarber and only take them to improve the prospects coming back. Take package 2 and a non top 30 infielder 

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Russel and Amora, but not till the Cubs non tender them. 

Russell was a .1 WAR player that will be making 5-6 million. Based on their actions with Villar would they do that as he's only going tout get expensive and is not very good.

Almora also was bad -1 WAR.....but still not in arbitration until 2020. You take him as a throw in....I guess either of these guys help you lose 110 games

11 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Three package proposals from the Cubs per fansided

Im sure this is more than most are expecting for Bundy! I would be happy to take Happ to get Abbott and Jensen. I'm not sure how we get Jensen if he was the Cubs 2019 1st rounder in this deal.

According to MLB prospects list it would be their #7, #16 , and Happ

Thats #3 , 15, and #27 in their top 30. These guys all appear to be 2-3 years away

Norwood is their #30

I would take either of the 1st 2 deals and flat out refuse #3

https://dawindycity.com/2019/11/27/cubs-rumors-3-trade-packages-dylan-bundy/2/

The Blue Jays made an offer to right-hander Kyle Gibson before he signed with the Rangers, reports Shi Davidi of Sportsnet. It’s unclear exactly how much Toronto was willing to put on the table, but it was presumably less than the $30MM over three years Gibson got to head to Texas. With Gibson off the market, the Jays now have to look elsewhere to fill out an uncertain rotation mix.

MLBTR

• Upvote 1