Opening Day sale for Birdland members

Going Underground

6 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Bumping this thread to make sure everyone sees it again before Opening Day tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10 AM. If anyone wants tickets at my season ticket holder cost, PM me and I can grab them for you tomorrow.

I'd get them now folks, demand is sure to spike after the O's trade for Betts.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd get them now folks, demand is sure to spike after the O's trade for Betts.

Haha, only offering because it will likely be the only time to get additional Opening Day tickets at the season ticket holder price. I don't doubt seats will be available!

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder if you will be able to get them below face value DOTG?  That'd be sad.

I kind of doubt it, they are playing the Yankees which will keep the market reasonably robust and it is essentially something of a regional holiday, I think there are enough people that celebrate Opening Day as the beginning of spring that don't really care how bad the Orioles are.

They never had any trouble selling out Opening Day from 2008-2012, and there is little difference between then and now in terms of expectations for success. The only difference is in the payroll ranking.

18 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I kind of doubt it, they are playing the Yankees which will keep the market reasonably robust and it is essentially something of a regional holiday, I think there are enough people that celebrate Opening Day as the beginning of spring that don't really care how bad the Orioles are.

They never had any trouble selling out Opening Day from 2008-2012, and there is little difference between then and now in terms of expectations for success. The only difference is in the payroll ranking.

I don't know about that.   Through most of the bad years the Orioles at least claimed to be trying to put a competitive team on the field.   Knowledgable fans could see that claim was false.   But knowledgable fans are a fairly small subset of the people who buy tickets.   Now everybody has had it drilled into them that this year is not about trying to win, a message that was NEVER publically said before the 2018-2019 offseason.   Even casual fans know it.

Then you add that it's the earliest Opening Day ever held in Baltimore, so it's more likely to be poorer weather.

16 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Bumping this thread to make sure everyone sees it again before Opening Day tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10 AM. If anyone wants tickets at my season ticket holder cost, PM me and I can grab them for you tomorrow.

Curious how you make out. Good luck.

It’s 12pm for me.  

33 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Curious how you make out. Good luck.

It’s 12pm for me.  

Try to log on now. I was able to get on before 10.

Unfortunately Ticketmaster isn't set up to select tickets from the seating chart, and the way it is set up fills one section before moving to the next which is stupid (334 row 12 must sell before 332 row 3 is available). Ended up getting seats in row 1 in 312 and 360. I will probably have an extra pair in 360 if anyone wants them for $72 ($36 each was the cost after fees).

Not being able to select seats off of the seating chart really sucks, hopefully once ticket exchanges are open, the seating chart will be available.

7 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Try to log on now. I was able to get on before 10.

Unfortunately Ticketmaster isn't set up to select tickets from the seating chart, and the way it is set up fills one section before moving to the next which is stupid (334 row 12 must sell before 332 row 3 is available). Ended up getting seats in row 1 in 312 and 360. I will probably have an extra pair in 360 if anyone wants them for $72 ($36 each was the cost after fees).

Not being able to select seats off of the seating chart really sucks, hopefully once ticket exchanges are open, the seating chart will be available.

Thanks. So you were able to get 8 but not all together? 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Thanks. So you were able to get 8 but not all together? 

Yeah. your best bet is to split into smaller amounts and add them to the cart and continue searching. You can actually do separate orders, but there is a small per order fee. I only ended up getting 7 and if I wanted the system would permit me to get 1 additional ticket.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yeah. your best bet is to split into smaller amounts and add them to the cart and continue searching. You can actually do separate orders, but there is a small per order fee. I only ended up getting 7 and if I wanted the system would permit me to get 1 additional ticket.

Appreciate it.