Claimed: Pitcher Carson Fulmer

wildcard

Ugly end to a pleasant  game to watch. Maybe it is me, but I had visions (even the glasses) of watching Kevin Greg all over again.?  I thought OH NO, not another .... Did the Orioles claim a clone of that nightmare from times back? Be interesting to see how this plays out. CM saved it from being a lot worse!!! Getting him into the useful category should test our coaches!!!

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Its a process.   O's pitching coaches are just starting with him.

Exactly. He obviously has some things to work out, and that's not the easiest thing to do during the season. Hopefully we will see some improvement when he gets to work through some things with coaches in the offseason, but I wouldn't expect too much over a handful of appearances in the last couple of weeks in the season. 

3 minutes ago, weams said:

We hardly knew ye. 

Claimed back by the Pirates.

In a sense I kind of like it. Gone are the days where we are staking our hopes to every high draft pick waiver claim and holding onto them for years and years until we realize, yup, he's not good after all! I would have liked to keep Fulmer in the fold somehow, but we have to add a crapton of pretty decent prospects to the 40-man and if a guy doesn't slip through waivers, so be it. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2020 at 10:57 PM, Frobby said:

But I wasn’t impressed in my first look at Fulmer.    Yanked several pitches and really gave Sisco a workout.    Even when he threw strikes I didn’t really think he knew where the ball was going.  

I guess the O's were not that impressed either.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:15 PM, lovetoaster said:

Exactly. He obviously has some things to work out, and that's not the easiest thing to do during the season. Hopefully we will see some improvement when he gets to work through some things with coaches in the offseason, but I wouldn't expect too much over a handful of appearances in the last couple of weeks in the season. 

Well. Nevermind then.

• Upvote 1