Baysox starters

wildcard

Makes sense.    But meanwhile, we have 36 pitchers in major league camp, and only 13 major league spots available.    So what are we going to do with the other 23?    There’s only 13ish spots available in Norfolk, so that leaves maybe 10 who either go to AA or get cut.   

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Makes sense.    But meanwhile, we have 36 pitchers in major league camp, and only 13 major league spots available.    So what are we going to do with the other 23?    There’s only 13ish spots available in Norfolk, so that leaves maybe 10 who either go to AA or get cut.   

Seems to me that it is less of a big deal for relievers to hang out in extended spring training than starters who have a routine to stretching out to multiple innings to get ready for the season. So I don't think it matters that the majority of the AA bullpen is at MLB camp.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:01 AM, wildcard said:

By not being invited to major league camp it appears the  DL Hall, Bradish, Sedlock and Kevin Smith will begin the season in the AA rotation.

I see Sedlock being moved to the bullpen. If I had to make an educated guess, this will be Bowie's rotation barring injury:

Hall
Bradish
Smith
Marcos Diplan
Connor Greene (though the team may want to move him to the pen and give him a chance in AAA)

David Lebron seems to be a guy the team has liked at times so he could be in the running as well.

Obviously there are a lot of bubble guys who could pushed out of AAA and back to AA that could affect things, and a pitcher like Brennan Hanifee could have a good spring and get a promotion, but those would be the guys with the inside track due to prospect status.

43 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I see Sedlock being moved to the bullpen. If I had to make an educated guess, this will be Bowie's rotation barring injury:

Hall
Bradish
Smith
Marcos Diplan
Connor Greene (though the team may want to move him to the pen and give him a chance in AAA)

David Lebron seems to be a guy the team has liked at times so he could be in the running as well.

Obviously there are a lot of bubble guys who could pushed out of AAA and back to AA that could affect things, and a pitcher like Brennan Hanifee could have a good spring and get a promotion, but those would be the guys with the inside track due to prospect status.

I thought Diplan was a reliever at this point. He hasn't started regularly since 2018 (including multiple winter league seasons).

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

I thought Diplan was a reliever at this point. He hasn't started regularly since 2018 (including multiple winter league seasons).

I thought I had read that the Orioles plan was to use him a starter before last season so not sure if I'm misremembering or what. He's also listed as a starter by Fangraphs's roster resource and was listed as a starter in OOTP 21. 

Saying all that, you very well could be right.