Should we claim Ka'ai Tom?

Hazmat

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You don't think your joke was lazy and tired?

I think that my joke was just that... a joke.

And you knew it to be a joke.

But being the kind of man that you are, you saw it as an opportunity not to laugh, but instead to leap on to a soapbox and advertise your righteousness to the world.

To declare that anyone who might laugh at a baseball blooper is impure of heart.

Unlike you of course, who are the model of righteousness.

I'm not here to salve your need for self-aggrandizement. I'm here to participate in a baseball forum. I will occasionally include humor and observation of even the failings of baseball players.

If that's going to cause you to clutch your pearls and cry out in sympathy for the wronged.. you probably ought to put me on ignore.  But the self-righteous soapbox isn't going to work. I'm immune to virtue signalling.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, owknows said:

I think that my joke was just that... a joke.

And you knew it to be a joke.

But being the kind of man that you are, you saw it as an opportunity not to laugh, but instead to leap on to a soapbox and advertise your righteousness to the world.

To declare that anyone who might laugh at a baseball blooper is impure of heart.

Unlike you of course, who are the model of righteousness.

I'm not here to salve your need for self-aggrandizement. I'm here to participate in a baseball forum. I will occasionally include humor and observation of even the failings of baseball players.

If that's going to cause you to clutch your pearls and cry out in sympathy for the wronged.. you probably ought to put me on ignore.  But the self-righteous soapbox isn't going to work. I'm immune to virtue signalling.

Boy you sure read a lot into me being bored of hearing the same old lame joke again.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Boy you sure read a lot into me being bored of hearing the same old lame joke again.

I don't read into things. I observe behavior.

This behavior is common in you.

If you don't like a post... you challenge the motivations of the poster... and question his moral standing while attempting to elevate your own.

The greater internet calls the behavior "virtue signalling".

I don't much care for it... or for self-righteous twaddle in general.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This always makes me laugh but for some reason I like both of these players. McKenna has actually hit in AAA this year. SSS though. Stewart is just going to always be streaky. 

McKenna went 3 for 4 with a homer and 3 RBI for Norfolk last night.   His slash line there is .296/.386/.662 in 83 PA.   That compares to .208/.328/.287 in the majors in 121 PA.    That’s quite the gap, especially the difference in ISO (.366 in Norfolk, .079 in Baltimore).   Neither of those are the true McKenna.  If he could get his ISO up to .150+ in the majors I think he’d be a very good role player.   

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

McKenna went 3 for 4 with a homer and 3 RBI for Norfolk last night.   His slash line there is .296/.386/.662 in 83 PA.   That compares to .208/.328/.287 in the majors in 121 PA.    That’s quite the gap, especially the difference in ISO (.366 in Norfolk, .079 in Baltimore).   Neither of those are the true McKenna.  If he could get his ISO up to .150+ in the majors I think he’d be a very good role player.   

He’s only 24. He should and should’ve been getting everyday ABs somewhere this season. He has only 204 PA this season. There was no point of having him be a bench player on the MLB team this year. That role could’ve gone to an organizational type. It’s not like we couldn’t have sacrificed the 40 man spot. 

That’s the only beef I have. 

14 hours ago, owknows said:

You're welcome to mock my greatest professional failure to your heart's content. I once miscalculated the power dissipation of a power MOSFET by two orders of magnitude in front of a room full of Electrical Engineers. That's easily the equivalent of getting hit in the head with a foul ball. I survived. As did Stewart.

People who make millions of dollars for playing a game that is photographed for observation by millions of devoted voyeurs (or at least several thousand in the case of the Orioles) should expect that both their triumphs and failings will be celebrated.

I would think it is part of the job.

although I'm sure they would appreciate your Don Quixote shtick in their defense.

LOL, P-channel or N-channel??

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, waroriole said:

If it wasn’t for that part of the game that requires you to hit the ball, McKenna could be somebody. Stewart just feels like a Nick Swisher waiting to happen. Once he leaves Baltimore 

If it makes you feel any better. Here are their stats thru age 27:

Swisher: .244/.354/.451/.805, 103 HRs in 2512 PAs, worth 9 rWAR
Stewart: .212/.326/.401/.727, 24 HRs in 573 PAs, Worth 0.5 rWAR

Stewart can't hit lefties at all, is a poor defender, and has not performed anywhere close to Swisher prior to entering his prime. I think the chances of Stewart becoming Swisher after leaving the Orioles is about as much as the Orioles not finishing in last this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

LOL, P-channel or N-channel??

5 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

If it makes you feel any better. Here are their stats thru age 27:

Swisher: .244/.354/.451/.805, 103 HRs in 2512 PAs, worth 9 rWAR
Stewart: .212/.326/.401/.727, 24 HRs in 573 PAs, Worth 0.5 rWAR

Stewart can't hit lefties at all, is a poor defender, and has not performed anywhere close to Swisher prior to entering his prime. I think the chances of Stewart becoming Swisher after leaving the Orioles is about as much as the Orioles not finishing in last this year.

P-Channel (master top side switch for the entire system)

Edited by owknows
no idea how Tony's post got quoted along with Webbrick's